How to get them to like me more

Peppy    

I recently joined a new friend group and due to this I've had a lot stress recently. Like I said Im fairly new to the group so a lot of these people have been friends for years already so i kinda feel out of place. I don't even know if they like me or if Im just forcing myself into the group. They FaceTime all the time but nobody ever calls or text me.  Or when we go to youth group together, their always like "oh where are you going to sit"  to each other but no one ever ask or acts like they want to sit with me, most the time they don't even leave room for me to sit. And if do call them, or sit with them, or whatever it feels forced and awkward because Im the one who had to take action.  Im in a group chat with all of them but even in there it feels like Im being ignored. Every time I talk to them I feel like Im being annoying  and I just want to be able to be friends with them without wondering if theyre judging me .Don't get me wrong, I think they like me but just not as much as the other people in the group.I just want to know how I can get closer with them and feel more liked. Is there thing I can do to test if they like me. I just want to feel included. I struggled with anxiety and insecurity issues so I don't know if this just me over thinking everything but because of those issues I also feel like Im not good enough to be there friend. All thats been on my mind lately is if they like me or not. 

Also would it be weird to just ask them if they want to Ft. And if not should I do it in the group chat or directly to one person 

Edited by Peppy

Hey there, @Peppy

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here, and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been stressing about your friendship group recently. It sounds like you've really been in your head about it all which I totally get; it's pretty normal to feel this way when we come into an established friendship group. As you're joining a group of people that have already been friends for years, it means that there will be a shift in the dynamic which they are probably trying to figure out too. It's interesting that you say that you might be overthinking it; I wonder, if you change your energy and attitude towards the group to a more positive one, do you think that you might start to enjoy it more? Also, I think it's a great idea to ask them to FT. They might be waiting for you to make a move. 

Speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e