This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Questions for systems

Stormy_Skies    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So I think I might have a system (what’s the term for that, have a system, be in a system, be part of a system?) and I don’t really know where to start. I live with my (tw) a little physically abu*ive and mostly emotionally abu*ive parents and I know that might affect how much I can figure this out right now, but I’m pretty disassociate-ey and I have little memory gaps so I have reasons to believe I may be in a system, so do any systems have any advice on how you figured it out, or how you guys started talking, and maybe a little help?

Hello Stormy,

Welcome to our community. I’m one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I just want to say thank you for choosing to share what’s going on with you. I just want you to know that we are here for you whenever you need us. You are not alone.

Before I go ahead, can I check whether you are in immediate danger living with your parents? Your safety is our main priority and we want to help make sure that you’re okay. I hope to hear back from you soon. Hang in there. We can help you with this. Take care.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

12 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello Stormy,

Welcome to our community. I’m one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I just want to say thank you for choosing to share what’s going on with you. I just want you to know that we are here for you whenever you need us. You are not alone.

Before I go ahead, can I check whether you are in immediate danger living with your parents? Your safety is our main priority and we want to help make sure that you’re okay. I hope to hear back from you soon. Hang in there. We can help you with this. Take care.

no, I'm not in immediete danger. 

Hello Stormy,

I'm glad to hear that you aren't in immediate danger. Your safety is our biggest priority and I just want you to know that we are here for you. How are you feeling about all of this? I don't know how it must be for you, but we are here to support you emotionally. Can I ask, what do you mean when you say that you might be in a system? 

lika plurality type system. I'm not looking to put a medical label on it like DID, expecially since I don't think I have the level of trauma for a disorder like that, I'm just trying to figure out if I may be in a system. 

Hello @Stormy_Skies

Thank you for explaining what you mean. I can see from what you’ve said that you’re not sure if you’re in a system or not, and I’m wondering, at what point would you know that you’re in a system? What would be different about your life? It’s interesting to explore these kinds of questions because people have different ideas as to what systems are. 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hello @Stormy_Skies

Thank you for explaining what you mean. I can see from what you’ve said that you’re not sure if you’re in a system or not, and I’m wondering, at what point would you know that you’re in a system? What would be different about your life? It’s interesting to explore these kinds of questions because people have different ideas as to what systems are. 

yeah I mean I'm not quite sure. I have some small memory gaps and basically just ~weird stuff~ that lead me here

2 hours ago, Stormy_Skies said:

yeah I mean I'm not quite sure. I have some small memory gaps and basically just ~weird stuff~ that lead me here

what sort of weird stuff?

and if you think you have amnesia gaps due to alters fronting, you can write something down somewhere to try to communicate

this is achilles btw

5 hours ago, milk.bread said:

what sort of weird stuff?

and if you think you have amnesia gaps due to alters fronting, you can write something down somewhere to try to communicate

this is achilles btw

Uh well. Weird to explain but I was like half awake and it just felt like super weird, like I wasn’t controlling my body (it was pretty late but not when I usually go to sleep). And I do have pluralkit set up for that reason. Which reminds me I should go check that… And nothing. The thing is if I have alters I don’t think any have completely fronted. Partially though, maybe.

14 hours ago, Stormy_Skies said:

Uh well. Weird to explain but I was like half awake and it just felt like super weird, like I wasn’t controlling my body (it was pretty late but not when I usually go to sleep). And I do have pluralkit set up for that reason. Which reminds me I should go check that… And nothing. The thing is if I have alters I don’t think any have completely fronted. Partially though, maybe.

sounds like dissociation

do you know of any alters?

1 hour ago, milk.bread said:

sounds like dissociation

do you know of any alters?

Nope. One of my friend’s who is in a system told me that alters don’t tend to show up when you’re in a situation where you’re being retraumatized. 

On 7/4/2021 at 9:53 PM, Stormy_Skies said:

Hey,

Ah, okay. Maybe with time, you will be able to say for certain whether you're in a system or not, and for now, it's good to explore and take your time with it, which I guess you're doing by asking people here.

Can I ask, when you say weird stuff, what do you mean? It's okay if you don't want to talk about this, SO feel free to say if you're uncomfortable with it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Ah, okay. Maybe with time, you will be able to say for certain whether you're in a system or not, and for now, it's good to explore and take your time with it, which I guess you're doing by asking people here.

Can I ask, when you say weird stuff, what do you mean? It's okay if you don't want to talk about this, SO feel free to say if you're uncomfortable with it. 

Uh it’s reaaaaaally weird to explain, kind of.