My parents don't like my gay friend but I'm LGBT+ too and haven't come out yet

Lily77    

Hi, 

I have a gay friend and my parents don't like him and I'm afraid they might be homophobic but I think I'm also a part of the LGBT+ community. I haven't come out to them yet and I don't know how I will and I feel uncomfortable in the situation I am in right now with myself, my parents and the relationship between my parents and my gay friend. I would like to do something about it but don't know what.

What should I do??

Hey @Lily77

Welcome :). I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to our members who reach out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that your parents don't like him. Can I ask, is it because he is gay, or could it be something else?  Once I know more about this, I will then be able to give you advice on it :). Also, with coming out, can I ask, do you feel ready to do this? If you don't, just know that it's totally okay to wait. It might be a good idea to figure out exactly what your identity is first before coming out - what do you reckon? 

Speak soooon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e