I need help on something

Madisyn    

I need help on coming out as bi to my parents but my dad is transphobic and I don’t know about my mom yet and i am only 11 and I don’t know what to do because I don’t want to have to leave my home or my family if you have tips please share them. Thank you

Hey @Madisyn

Welcome! I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to our members who reach out us.

With coming out, it's important to do it when you feel safe and ready. If you're not ready, then it's totally okay to wait - there is no rush :). Also, if coming out could put you in danger, like getting kicked out or abused, then it's best to wait until you can support yourself and move out, or make sure you have some place else to stay while things settle down. What do you think?

Also, I saw the you said your dad is transphobic - can I check, do you mean homophobic? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi there @Madisyn

Just like Monsoon said, the most important thing is your safety. If you're not sure if they'll take it well or think they're homophobic, it could be  worth keeping it to yourself for the time being? there's no harm in keeping it to yourself until you feel totally ready :) I understand how it feels to keep it to yourself when all you want to do is tell the world, and I'm very proud of you for working out your sexuality, but your safety is also very important. If you ever did want to come out, however, there are a number of ways you can do so, but we'll see what you think of this message first. 

I hope this helps :) 

Hey @Madisyn

I'm sorry to hear that he is transphobic. Can I ask, has he done anything which makes you think that he might be homophobic? I think that with coming out, it's best to do it when you're ready. If you don't feel like now is the right time, then it's totally okay to wait; there's no rush :). What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e