How do you tell if your ugly?

tinytemper    
Go to solution Solved by cloudzs,

Im 22. And over the past year I've realised im just damn ugly. 

Mates of mine have casually mentioned to me things like: "the guy you like is super good looking he wouldn't talk to you", or "no guys talk to us cause  we aren't conventionally pretty enough". 

I hate this feeling. I have always tried so hard to be beautiful; eating right, wearing makeup and buying nice clothes. 

But I guess I will just never be damn good enough. I wish I could've just been born beautiful and get the guy I want who's sweet and handsome and actuallly likes me! but no guy will ever like me, ill always be a last resort. 

I feel the same as you and I guess always struggled with it. What I would say tho is that isn't very nice of your mates saying stuff like that but from here it looks like they're just vocalising how they feel about themselves and not aimed at you?? 1 thing that helped me was to unfollow edited influencers on my insta and tiktok but yeah ur not alone x

• Solution

nahhhh there will always be someone who likes you for who you are, regardless of what you look like. 

remember it isn't always about looks anyway, most people fall for peoples personalities and interests!

i know you'll find the right person one day, probably when u least expect it @tinytemper 🧡

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tinytemper said:

Im 22. And over the past year I've realised im just damn ugly. 

Mates of mine have casually mentioned to me things like: "the guy you like is super good looking he wouldn't talk to you", or "no guys talk to us cause  we aren't conventionally pretty enough". 

I hate this feeling. I have always tried so hard to be beautiful; eating right, wearing makeup and buying nice clothes. 

But I guess I will just never be damn good enough. I wish I could've just been born beautiful and get the guy I want who's sweet and handsome and actuallly likes me! but no guy will ever like me, ill always be a last resort. 

Hey @tinytemper

Welcome to our community :)

Your friends are wrong for saying that to you. Being around people who lift is up is one of the best things for our self esteem, not people who say things like that. Have you spoken to them about how this makes you feel? If they treated you differently, you might feel better about yourself. 

I think that it's so easy for us to focus on what we don't like about ourselves, and we usually forget all of the great things! So, I'm gonna challenge you... can you tell me three things you like about yourself? They can be about how you look, your personality, or something you're good at. Then, next time you feel bad about yourself, remember these things and keep reminding yourself every time you have this kind of bad thought. The more and more you do it, the more you can shift your focus to the positive. It takes work though... What do you think?

Also, why don't you take a look at this? You might find it useful :) https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overcoming-low-self-esteem/

Speak soon!

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e