Questioning

A human being    

So I think I like girls, and I often think abt kissing them and I’m pretty sure that I’m bi.  I’ve only ever gone out with guys, and I’m kinda worried that I’ll go out with a girl, and then realise that I’m actually heterosexual. I guess I just don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, but I’m not sure how I can really know for sure since I’ve never been with another girl and none of my friends want to experiment or anything. Idk what to do pls help. 

(btw I’m a girl)

Heyyy,

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to people who come to us :)

I get what you mean by being worried about hurting anyone's feelings, but I guess that you could be upfront from the start and say that you're experimenting and it could end up being that you actually figure out that you're heterosexual. What do you reckon? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks. I mean I’m pretty sure that if I’m thinking about it a lot in my mind it would probably be the same in real life, right?  

Hey,

Glad to hear it makes sense :). What do you mean by it being the same in real life? 

As in, when I think about kissing a girl, I like the idea of that, so I would probably like it irl. Sorry I’m not explaining very well, it’s quite hard to put into words. 

Yeah, it probably will be the same in real life. However, sometimes, it can be different. You might think you'll like something, but when you try it, not so much. That's why it's important to experiment. What do you think? Also, no need to apologise :). These things are confusing!

Yeah I think so. I don’t really know anyone who’s up for experimenting tho, and it’s a bit of an awkward thing to talk about

Heyy,

Yeah, I get what you mean. The opportunity might present itself unexpectedly, but I wonder, could you potentially join a dating app and find someone there? 

I don’t think that I’d be able to join on because I’m only 13, but yeah, the opportunity would probably arise at some point. 

Ahh, okay. Yeah, you wouldn't be able to join. But, as you said, the opportunity will probs arise at some point :)

How are you feeling about it all now? 

Thanks. I’m feeling a bit more confident now and I really appreciate ur advice :) . Most of my friends are generally pretty ok with lgbt stuff so I could probably come out casually and it wouldn’t be a bit deal, which might be good. 

thanks 

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that you are a bit more confident now. A little confidence goes a long way :). We are always here if you'd like more support. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this and thought of something you could try

you could choose a friend of someone you feel comfortable with and ask to go on a sort of 'trial date '.

it's quite hard to put into words but it would basically be going somewhere with a girl and imagining it's a date to see if you enjoy the idea of being with someone the same sex as you.

it took me a really long time to type this as my autocorrect is so annoying and kept changing the word date to cat...

Np! Glad I could help 😉