Hello

Dywwik    

Hello! I'm back here after a few years. I feel new again! This seems so much more active now! 

Update on my questionnings:

I am still pursuing a career as preist and have biweekly consulting with a spiritual guide that helps seek what problems I need to fix in my life such as issues with my father. 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Welcome back Dywwik! Great to see you online again. You're right, community has certainly grown. Do you like the new experience? That's fantastic to hear, so glad you're still working on becoming a priest. How are things with your father at the moment?

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

The experience is way different! I wish this was an App! 😛 I will have to turn on my notifications because I do want to interact with people! 

I currently must live with him. He isn't physically abusive, nor verbally. He just not volenteeraly makes me feel like a nuisance to him. I only have one year left and after that I'm gone to University far away! 

• Yaaas 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
2 hours ago, Dywwik said:

The experience is way different! I wish this was an App! 😛 I will have to turn on my notifications because I do want to interact with people! 

I currently must live with him. He isn't physically abusive, nor verbally. He just not volenteeraly makes me feel like a nuisance to him. I only have one year left and after that I'm gone to University far away! 

We're working on the app! The notifications are super cool though aren't they. So glad you like the new experience.

It's so positive that there is a way out and that the situation is temporary. Do you recognise that this is his issue and not something you've done? That's important to know. I know it's always tough living with your parents the older you get, especially against a backdrop of being in lockdown together - it's tough on all relationships. Some people find that once they move away for Uni or just move out, their relationships gradually improve and change over time.

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Harper said:

We're working on the app! The notifications are super cool though aren't they. So glad you like the new experience.

It's so positive that there is a way out and that the situation is temporary. Do you recognise that this is his issue and not something you've done? That's important to know. I know it's always tough living with your parents the older you get, especially against a backdrop of being in lockdown together - it's tough on all relationships. Some people find that once they move away for Uni or just move out, their relationships gradually improve and change over time.

My father is autistic. So weather I do something or not, it will bother him. I've moved away in my appartment for a year last year. Very fun, but very expensive! I needed two jobs to pay half of it and I was in school for a part of it. I would like to have my own appartment. But I don't have enough money for that. 

We live in a house and that helps a lot! We aren't in eachothers face all the time! I too am autistic and I don't tend to get along with older autistic people. 

Hey @Dywwik

Ah, thanks for telling me that he is autistic. So, can I ask, do you feel like because he is autistic, that this means the things you do will bother him? If so, could you explain that a little bit more for me, please?

Living out as we get older is so much fun, and I'm glad that you will get to move out for university. How are you feeling about that? :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Dywwik

Ah, thanks for telling me that he is autistic. So, can I ask, do you feel like because he is autistic, that this means the things you do will bother him? If so, could you explain that a little bit more for me, please?

Living out as we get older is so much fun, and I'm glad that you will get to move out for university. How are you feeling about that? :)

He has his particularities that I don't quite get but don't go against them.  When I express my joy towards anything I'm garentreed to receive a lecture on why that thing isn't joyful or how whatever I do can be worse. This is for things that I do and don't do.

In my 20ish years of life,  I received one compliment from him. 

It is hard to live with someone that keeps pushing you down. I try just to survive for an other year and I'm off to University! 

I'm slightly scared because I can easily be messy with my ADHD, and at university I will have one room. Not a studio. One room.  I will manage somehow! I know I will! 

Hey,

Ah, thanks for telling me about your relationship with your dad. It must be tough for you keep on being pushed down. How are you feeling about this? I'm wondering, have you ever spoken to him about how this makes you feel? He might not be aware that he's doing it so much and what impact it's having on you.

Also, I'm glad to hear that you will manage your ADHD; it's okay to be scared. What things can you do you think you can do to manage your ADHD when you're away at university? 

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Ah, thanks for telling me about your relationship with your dad. It must be tough for you keep on being pushed down. How are you feeling about this? I'm wondering, have you ever spoken to him about how this makes you feel? He might not be aware that he's doing it so much and what impact it's having on you.

Also, I'm glad to hear that you will manage your ADHD; it's okay to be scared. What things can you do you think you can do to manage your ADHD when you're away at university? 

After living a full year now with my father, I've realized that he hides his love of me to me. If that makes any sense. 

I recently changed job and he was supper supportive and actually gave me clues and ideas on how to apply for a job! If I'm still undecided for preisthood, I'll apply to that job in marketing! Something I never thought I could persue before. 

I realised that with enough organization I actually can be not too messy! It's still not perfect but better! 

50 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Dywwik

Ah, that's an interesting perspective, that he hides his love of you from you. I'm wondering, why do you think he does that? 

He a man and men from that generation aren't allowed to have feelings? 

That's my guess

Hey,

Oh, that's interesting. Do you mean in the sense of him potentially feeling uncomfortable for men show their feelings towards other men? I wonder, what it is like for you when he does this?