This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Food

AnnaBanana    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I really want to lose weight. Ive tried working out, doesnt work. It affects me so much I fear going outside because people might look at me. I have a lot of scars, but thats not the main issue. The main issue is how big i am. Its not like i am really fat or anything. I weigh the normal weight for a person my age. Its just that all the body fat is on my lower part of the body. I guess this wouldnt be a problem if I didnt get bullied for it. I constantly compare myself to other people. I feel so alone, like I am the only one who looks different. I have tried throwing up, but my body wont let me. It sucks and I know it isnt healthy, but i am so mad for not being able to throw up. Instead i just skip meals and throw away food. I always feel so guilty about it. 1. People are starving and here i am throwing away food. 2. My mom makes the most delicious food ever and puts time and effort into making food for me. (She gives  me way too much and basically force feeds me even though I am actually full.) 3. I am only making these desicions because of myself. Im selfish. What should I do? This was actually just meant to be a rant, but if you guys have any tips let me know. Thanks.

Edited by Daisie

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem as you but I do the throwing up part, I'd spend hours trying to do it and eventually it would come but I'd feel so weak and exhausted after, it's not worth it. Whenever I get into this kind of state it lasts months at a time and it always triggers because I'm trying to lose weight. Instead I dont focus on the losing  weight bit, I focus on being happy in general and I tend to lose weight. To be happy I workout with my sister, I eat what I want when I want( whereas in my state I would usually binge) and I sleep well. Workouts i love to do personally are dance workouts because they are so much more fun than just going on a run. Weights are also really good because you can stand and watch tv or listen to music easily and they also boost your metabolism greatly because it grows your muscles Xx

Hi, I have the same problem as you but I do the throwing up part, I'd spend hours trying to do it and eventually it would come but I'd feel so weak and exhausted after, it's not worth it. Whenever I get into this kind of state it lasts months at a time and it always triggers because I'm trying to lose weight. Instead I dont focus on the losing  weight bit, I focus on being happy in general and I tend to lose weight. To be happy I workout with my sister, I eat what I want when I want( whereas in my state I would usually binge) and I sleep well. Workouts i love to do personally are dance workouts because they are so much more fun than just going on a run. Weights are also really good because you can stand and watch tv or listen to music easily and they also boost your metabolism greatly because it grows your muscles, I also play a team sport I love and go to a club Xx

On 5/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, AnnaBanana said:

I really want to lose weight. Ive tried working out, doesnt work. It affects me so much I fear going outside because people might look at me. I have a lot of scars, but thats not the main issue. The main issue is how big i am. Its not like i am really fat or anything. I weigh the normal weight for a person my age. Its just that all the body fat is on my lower part of the body. I guess this wouldnt be a problem if I didnt get bullied for it. I constantly compare myself to other people. I feel so alone, like I am the only one who looks different. I have tried throwing up, but my body wont let me. It sucks and I know it isnt healthy, but i am so mad for not being able to throw up. Instead i just skip meals and throw away food. I always feel so guilty about it. 1. People are starving and here i am throwing away food. 2. My mom makes the most delicious food ever and puts time and effort into making food for me. (She gives  me way too much and basically force feeds me even though I am actually full.) 3. I am only making these desicions because of myself. Im selfish. What should I do? This was actually just meant to be a rant, but if you guys have any tips let me know. Thanks.

Hey @AnnaBanana

I know that we spoke about this in your other thread, but I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing with this? I hope you're in a better place with it now, but it's okay to if you're not, and you can always talk to us. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

5 hours ago, Carebear456 said:

Hi, I have the same problem as you but I do the throwing up part, I'd spend hours trying to do it and eventually it would come but I'd feel so weak and exhausted after, it's not worth it. Whenever I get into this kind of state it lasts months at a time and it always triggers because I'm trying to lose weight. Instead I dont focus on the losing  weight bit, I focus on being happy in general and I tend to lose weight. To be happy I workout with my sister, I eat what I want when I want( whereas in my state I would usually binge) and I sleep well. Workouts i love to do personally are dance workouts because they are so much more fun than just going on a run. Weights are also really good because you can stand and watch tv or listen to music easily and they also boost your metabolism greatly because it grows your muscles, I also play a team sport I love and go to a club Xx

Hey @Carebear456

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I admire your honesty in speaking about your experiences with eating and throwing up. I really like what you said about focusing on being happy and doing healthy things to lose weight. Sharing your story will help other people a lot 🙂

Can I ask, how are you doing at the moment with this? Are you okay? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e