Confused about my sexuality

Tater tots    

Hi I am very confused about what I am sexuality wise.I don't know what I am and have tried many different types of ways to find out but dating.This is a big problem because I think I have this crush on one of my friends (also btw I am a girl) she is so cute and I want to kiss her so badly but both her and I have boyfriends and she says she is straight.I don't know what to do what I am.I think I like girls but then again all I new was dating boys.I talked to a lesbian friend and she said not to think about it to much.My friend also thinks I am pan because I say love is love no matter the gender.but like I  said I am so confused.Plz help.

-Tater Tots

Hey @Tater tots,

Welcome to our community :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who come to us. Thanks for telling me about your situation.. It's completely normal to question your sexuality, and I know it's confusing, but it will get better - trust me. I do think that dating will help you to find out more, and as you said, you've only known dating boys and it's hard to explore this part of yourself. However, I know you're got a bf, so it's tricky isn't it? What do you think you might do? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I really don't know .I mean I could wait some time to date other people.To my boyfriend this is normal friendship after all he was my friend to start with.Anyways I am about to start a new grade level in schools so maybe see how me and my boyfriend handle this summer.

Ahh okay. Yeah, I mean, it’s important to figure out who you are. So with your boyfriend, are you saying that it’s more like you’re just friends rather than actually together? How do you think he feels about the relationship? 

Yes I feel like it is more like the friendship I had before I new him. I asked him why he likes me and he said he feels happier around me. Every time I am around him he is funnier and more happy. He enjoys my company because I am the only one who understands him.

Ahh, I get what you mean. It's good that your company makes him happier and funnier. How do you feel when you're in his company? 

Also, how are you feeling about everything else today ?

I feel the same as always. Everything today is doing fine. I am still trying to understand I don't need to be happy for other people to be happy but I am still my same funny self. I am defiantly a lot happier after I dumped my old boyfriend. My friends said that they could tell a big difference from when I met my old one and know by the way I talk and walk.

Heyyy @Tater tots

It's good to hear that you are a lot happier after you dumped your old boyfriend :) 

What do you mean by you don't need to be happy for other people to be happy? Do you think you're happy right now? 

Oh I mean I don’t need to be happy every day but I think I am happy now.Other than the fact that I have a crush on one of the softball girls (who is straight) and she only thinks of me of a friend and a teammate.

Ahh, okay. I'm glad that you're happy now :)

Now that we've spoken a bit more, I just want to check in and see how you are feeling about your sexuality? We can talk about it more if you like. 

I mean my mom will still love me if I am gay , my dad said who you date doesn't describe you. I have two gay friends(who are dating thanks to me) who can help. Not to mention the grate bestfriend who is always there for me and the whole  softball team( and most of them are in the LGBTQ+) who will love me no matter what. And my mom still thinks I am lesbian because a ew months I said I liked this girl so now she makes jokes like " You look like you are in the LGBTQ+. Are you trying to get your girlfriends?"( That one was funnier in person).If it did come to the fact they do not support me my friends are only a few miles away so I could come to them.

• Like 1

But I do think I will wait a few years to come out to my parents just to make sure I am 100% what I think I am.

• Like 1

Hey @Tater tots

I'm glad to hear that you'd be fine coming out as bi or pan. As you said, it's good to wait until you're 100% sure as well. We can definitely support you with the coming out process if you like, just say the word. We know loads of tips :)