I'm questioning

Anonymous7125    

As a female freshman an high school, I have been questioning my sexuality for about a year. I've never had a crush on anyone (real or fake). Anytime I play a game where marriage is allowed, I always prefer relationships with the same sex. I like the idea of dating a woman more than a man also. But I'm worried that because I've never had an actual crush this could all just be me not finding the right person. I always notice the girls and not boys in books, movies, etc, but not really to the extent of wanting to date them. I also only really notice when a think a girl is pretty but again i don't really want a relationship with a person I consider pretty. I recently told this to a friend who has been having some of the same feelings of liking the idea or dating a girl but only ever having crushes on guys. I feel like I want to tell people, at least some, because I just hate it when people say "when you get a boyfriend". Should i give myself a little more time to figure myself out? Am I just a late bloomer? and what do I do if I found out that i was wrong and am actually straight or bi or something like that. Please help me I am very confused and just sort of wish there was a way to get a definitive answer. Thanks for reading this!

Hey @Anonymous7125

Welcome to our community! I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us :)

Thanks for telling me about what's going on for you. I can totally see why you're questioning your sexuality after the feelings you've had towards girls. For the record, I think it's really good that you're opening up to people about it and asking for help - this will help you figure it all out. I think that it's always good to give yourself time to figure this out. With understanding your sexuality, you just have to let it go naturally and trust the process which can be frustrating when you just want to know. I know it might be hard right now, but it does get better, trust me. What do you think? Also, do you think there's anything else you could do now to try and understand yourself more? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey@Anonymous7125

With this kind of thing, it just takes time really which is really frustrating when you just want to understand yourself better. However, there are a few things you can do here: 

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-to-do-when-youre-questioning-your-sexuality-5112793

Would you like to take a look and tell me what you think? There might be some helpful tips for you there. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e