I hate myself so much and I'm so pathetic, please help

patheticAndUseless    
Go to solution Solved by MoonieOwl,

I hate so many things about myself, I don't think I'll ever get better or be the person I wanna be. Im afraid I'll always be this miserable, sad failure that I am.

Hey @patheticAndUseless

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community. I'm one of the support mentors here and I give advice to people who come to us.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad about yourself. It's so hard when we hate so many things about ourself, and this can really make us feel quite low. Can I ask, how long have you been feeling like this? Also, do you have any idea as to why you're thinking about yourself like this atm? Some people can pinpoint a particular time in their life when these thoughts and feelings started.

I hope you're doing as well as you can be. We are here for you now and will be able to help you through this.

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
Harper
This post was recognized by Harper!

"Thanks for giving such great advice!"

MoonieOwl was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 5 points.

First step to help would be change your username so you don't get reminded of how you feel every time you come on here.

Secondly, you are not pathetic and useless, there are people out there that love you and care about you and would hate to know you feel this way.

Thirdly, make a list of all the positive things about you and things you want to improve, then try to make those improvements.

Fourth...ly? Anyone who has caused you to feel this way, write their name or draw them on a piece of paper, imagine it's them and obliterate the paper to let out all your anger and hatred of them.

Fifth..ly? Any of those people on that list that you can contact, make sure they know how they made you feel as when they apologise if will feel like a weight lifted off your shoulders!

Sixth -ly the fact I spent 20 minutes of time I could be sleeping to write this to help you and I don't even know you just proves that anyone and everyone cares about you and you are loved and I am repeating an earlier point ok time to stop now.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Seems that your'e fighting many demons at the same time all in different waves, the reason you feel weak and pathetic is due to a simple misunderstanding of oneself.  Also, weakness is a normal sign of change, maturity and growth with the world.  The older we get, the more the world seems to be a feigning semblance of the simplicity it used to be.  Your not a dumb, self-centered eight year old who whines and picks his nose, you are a respectful, overburdened soul who needs to find faith not in god or in any other god, but the one you look at in the mirror.