Guilt

melanie.007    

In order to compensate the fact that I was manipulated multiple times in my life,I started manipulating. I started being extremely toxic to cope with the fact that i have been gaslighted. I now regret it and I can't forgive myself. I've lost so many good friends because of me being toxic.

Hey @melanie.007

Welcome to our support community here at Ditch the Label :). My name is Monsoon and I'm a digital mentor here; it's my job to give advice to our members.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I think it's good that you've acknowledged that you've been toxic towards others and that you've manipulated as a result of being manipulated. I often find that when people come to such realisations about themselves, this can often be the moment when things start to change. Knowledge is power in this instance, and knowing this about yourself will help you to get back to where you need to be. I'm wondering, how did you come to find this out about yourself?

Edited by Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I started realising that this isn't me. I realised that some time ago,I was the sweetest person that you'd ever meet. I wouldn't be the type to manipulate people. Nobody expected that,not even me.

Hello@melanie.007

Thank you for being so open and honest about your experiences. It takes a lot of courage to do what you have just done. This is a major step in getting back to where you want to be. Since you realised that you have been toxic to others, what changes have you noticed in yourself?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e