Really confused

redpanda130    

I came out to my parents as Bisexual a little while ago but I am not really sure if that is true. My first relationship was with a non-binary person who had female anatomy. I was really attracted to them and had a strong emotional bond with them. But I have been attracted to men all my life. I catch my self staring at beautiful women but I can not tell if it is because they are pretty or if I am attracted to them. It really stresses me out because I do not get the same feelings that I get with handsome men that I get with women. It's not that I don't get feelings its just different and I can't tell what I am feeling.

Hey there@redpanda130

Thanks for reaching out to us for support - we can definitely help you through this. I completely get why you're feeling frustrated. It can be quite difficult when we feel like we don't know our own identity, and everyone feels this way at some point. The best bit of advice I can give right now is to know that this will get better over time, but that you have to be patient with it. I can guess that you probably want to know right now which I totally get, but these things take time. Why don't you try to enjoy the ride a little bit more by exploring this side of yourself further?

Also, I'm curious to know, when you stare at a beautiful woman and a beautiful man, do you feel differently?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey @redpanda130

Thanks for getting back in touch and for letting me know more about what's going on for you :)

It's interesting that you are romantically attracted to both men and women, but only sexually attracted to women. With that in mind, do you think that there's a label that's right for you? But, on the other side, do you think that you need a label right now? I'm only asking because the label can be hard for some people, and if you don't really need it, then it could be a good idea to try to accept the uncertainty for now. Let me know what you think!

-Monsoon

I'm not sure if there is a label for me. (or if there is I just don't know about it) but I guess that I am comfortable enough in my sexuality that I don't really need one. Thank you for your help. I guess I need to worry less about labeling myself and more towards just figuring out who I am.

Hey @redpanda130

I'm glad hear that you're comfortable enough to not really need a label. I know that many people feel like they need the label and I really do get that and how it can be a worry when you can't figure out which one is for you. I know you've just acknowledged that you need to worry less about finding one and focus more on figuring out who you are, but I'm wondering, how does this feel for you? I'm asking because it's important to work through all the different feelings that might be going on for you right now.

Hope to hear back from you soon :)