Help!!! I don't know how to come out to my Trump supporter parents

mayaaaa    

Hi!! Im 13 and I just made the realization that I am bisexual. I haven't come out to anyone but the first people I'm planning to come out to are my friends. (They are in the LGBTQ+ community too)

The problem is, I don't know how to come out to my stepdad and mom. My actual dad which is super accepting and cool, I don't think he will have a problem with it and support me. But on the other hand, my mom and stepdad like trump who is a republican which are against same-sex relationships. I don't know how to come out to them and im not going to anytime soon but, I don't want to stay in the closet forever.

Love from, maya

Hello Maya,

How are you!?

It's great you've figured out your sexuality and we're so happy for you, I think coming out to your friends who are in the LGBT community first is a really good step and you'll hopefully get a really positive response.

I think there is no rush for you to come out yet to other family members who might not take it well, and there usually will be a time when it feels right, I think for right now just focus on the journey and what it means for you without letting it get overshadowed by what family think. For when you are ready in the future, check out this article we wrote on how to come out to homophobic parents. https://www.ditchthelabel.org/coming...hobic-parents/

But as I said for right now. just enjoy being you!

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey @mayaaaa

I'm glad to hear that you're going to wait. It's so important to wait until the time is right. You need to make sure that you're ready and it's the right time. We are always here for you if you need us :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e