I can't discover the truth about my face

Great Lemon    

I was lucky enough to be born with a tall thin body which strangely has the capability of getting muscle mass in ridiculously short amounts of time. They often admire me walking in the street and i should jump to the roof from hapiness for that but through the time i realised something. After asking my very first girl out she rejected me saying that my face is way below average and that not even that "insane" body fixes the situation. After that all my confidence disapeard. I tried to ask my inner circle and family about my face and they all tend to tell me its really good but i had doubts. Used some face rating apps and the results vary from ugly to handsome so I don't know what in the world i am.

The more im thinking of this issue the more it drops my confidence but the curiosity is not letting me forget it. How am i supposed to know whether im ugly or handsome when both sides are critical and none tells me im average ;-;

It drives me insane

Hey there. Thanks for coming to us for support - we are here to help you :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through this recently - I can tell from your post that you've been struggling with these thoughts about your face. I think that experiencing someone telling you that your face is 'below average' is enough to knock anyone's confidence, so I completely get why you're feeling low about it at the moment. The thing is, no matter how often people compliment our looks, if you don't believe it yourself, then you'll never think the same way as them. It would be better for you to get to a place where you do feel your face is attractive as relying on other people and face rating apps will not help you with your confidence. Also, everyone has different ideas about what they find attractive or not which is important to keep in mind.

I have a tip for you:

- Think of five things you like about yourself - this could be absolutely anything such as your looks, your personality, or your talents, etc. Write them down too. The next time you start to have negative thoughts about yourself, replace the thoughts with these things you like about yourself. If you keep doing this over time, you will likely start to think about yourself more positively. This kind of thing does take time and you really need to stick at it, but it can be really helpful :)

Btw, I think you could do with having a read of some of our support guides as you might find them helpful:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/5-ways-boost-self-esteem/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overcoming-low-self-esteem/

Let me know what you think of all this. If you don't find it useful, we can come up with something else.

Speak soon,

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e