Constantly unproductive for no real reason and hating it

Porcupine    

I'm so ******** off with myself... I feel like I'm stuck in this endless cycle of procrastinating about EVERYTHING and feeling rubbish about myself. I can NEVER seem to be genuinely productive with anything, even things like writing which I actually like, the only thing I get lots of done is watching TV. I'm finishing uni this year and should be looking for jobs and working on my blog and stuff, but it feels like there's so much to do, I didn't get enough experience in anything at uni and I'm just getting nowhere with anything that could really help me. I feel stuck and stagnant, and I'm scared that I'm just going to stay that way, and never do anything worth talking about. I'll just be stuck in my childhood bedroom forever, and eventually be alone because my social/love life is basically non-existent too. And what if I've failed my degree? Results come out Tuesday and I'm so scared...

I've at least managed to do a couple of tiny things today but for the long-term future everything I do just seems so pointless : (

Edited by Monsoon

@Porcupine

Hey. Thanks for coming to us for support - we are here to help you with this :)

I think that what you're currently feeling is totally understandable. A lot of people seem to be in a bit of a slump at the moment with lockdown, and being in your final year of uni is enough to make anyone feel on edge about things. It's completely normal to feel stuck and stagnant once you've finished. There's so much pressure on people to go onto something big and great after uni, but the reality is, most people have to start small. The majority of people can't walk straight into their dream job after uni; it takes time to get the right experience. Do you know what you want to do career wise? Maybe you could start making a little plan as to how you're going to get to where you want to be. This might help you to feel better.

In general, I think you should try to take some pressure off yourself. It seems like you're worrying about lots of things at the moment e.g. long term plans, social life, and love life. Maybe you could focus on just one of these things for now so that you don't feel so overwhelmed? Also, why don't you make yourself a daily schedule where you have a certain period each day to be 'productive'? This might help you to feel more at ease.

Finally, I'm wondering, if you've felt this way before, what has helped you to feel more positive? Everyone is the expert in their own lives and this means that you often know exactly what you need to make things better. Let me know what you think of all this...

Speak soon!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e