I don't feel like my body is good enough sometimes(pls answer)

sweetie    

People always tell me how good my body is but I doubt it sometimes. I didn't really do much to get the body I have now.

Actually a few years back, when I started boarding school 4 years ago, I wasn't really the eating type. I was a very picky eater which was the cause of my weight loss. But it was actually quite normal for people to have lost a few weight that year.

Anyways, currently I've been feeling down because I add weight sometimes due to my lack of engaging in sports and physical activities in the past.

Now I try and push myself to exercise more, but i just feel like there is no use and i'm still not satisfied with the way my body looks sometimes.

I also feel bad about the way I'm talking about my body meanwhile some people get bullied about theirs, I just can't help feeling that way for some reason.

Any advice? (pardon my grammar errors if I made any)

Hey! Thanks for coming to us for support - we are here to help you through this.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been doubting how good your body is. A lot of people have issues with the way they feel about their body, so just know that this is a normal thing to experience. Try not to feel bad for talking about this. Just because some people get bullied for it doesn't mean your feelings aren’t important; they are valid and we respect them.

I wonder, do you think it would be a good idea to try and change the way you feel about your body? As you've said, you have been exercising and you're still not satisfied. It might actually be that you end up getting stuck in a negative cycle where more exercise with a focus on changing your body = more dissatisfaction. We think it might be more helpful to tweak the way you feel about your body. This isn't saying that exercise is bad - everyone should exercise with a focus on health and we encourage everyone to do this. However, I think that it would be more helpful for you to change the way you look at things and focus on health rather than a certain body image through exercise, do you get what I mean?

Instead, could you think of three things you like about your body? If not, try thinking of one or two things. The next time you start thinking negatively about your body, you can focus on these positive things (try writing them down). If you keep doing this over time, you can train your brain to think about the positives rather than the negatives. This requires patience as you have to keep doing it to see the benefit.

Also, here are some support guides you might find useful to help build your self-esteem:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overco...w-self-esteem/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/5-ways-boost-self-esteem/

Why don't you take some time to think about what I've said and then let me know? If you feel like this won't work, we can figure something else out :)

Speak soon!

-Monsoon

Edited by Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Okay.

I feel like that negative thought just comes at a random time and sometimes it fades but others times it stays.

But I will still try your advice.

Thank you so much!

Hey 'Sweetie' :)

Yeah, have a go at what i've said - it might take a while to work, but it does help a lot of people. Let me know how it goes.

- Monsoon

• 1 month later...

Hi!

It's been awhile, lol.

The advice really helped a whole lot.

I hate to admit it but i have added a little weight now but I'm still positive about getting back in shape.

The positive thinking really helped. Thank you!

Hey Sweetie,

It's good to hear from you again. I'm pleased to hear that the advice helped you and that you're positive about getting back in shape. If you feel comfortable enough, you could let us know some of the things that you like about yourself :)

-Monsoon