My body

AnnaBanana    

I hate my body. Everyone here look so skinny and perfect.. except me. This is a huge problem when I go shopping for clothes because they don’t have my size in any pants. My thighs are HUGE and my but is bigger than my moms. My legs are so fat. I am not overweight, or at least I don’t think I am. All my weight seems to be going down to my legs and bum. And I also got 1000 scars on my legs from me keeping on scratching on my wounds. It’s tiring to cover them up with Long pants all the time. I don’t think my fat body would disturb me so much if the other girls aren’t so skinny. I am like the odd one out.

Hey AnnaBanana,

I'm sorry to hear that you hate your body at the moment. I think that in today's society, there's so much content out there that can really affect our self-esteem. For example, social media always highlights the most popular accounts. When scrolling through and seeing the highlighted accounts, it's hard to not let this make us feel bad as the most popular accounts tend to be people who are commonly seen as attractive. This can leave us constantly comparing ourselves to the people on these accounts.

No matter what, everyone has worth and is attractive. I know that you feel like you're the odd one out at the moment, but you might start to feel better over time and we can help you with this :). When I was responding to your other comment (link below), you mentioned about your legs and it seemed like you don't feel good about yourself right now, so I've given you some advice for your confidence there. Why don't you have a read and let me know what you think? Also, why don't you have a look at this article too? You might find it helpful: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/am-i-ugly/

Here is the link to the other post:

https://community.ditchthelabel.org/community/node/31552

Speak soon :)

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e