Hi, Im Lilly

lillypond    

Hey @lillypond!

First of all, welcome to this community! Second, I am also in the closet right now. I´m only out to my dad and a good friend of mine. I plan to come out to my mom though soon and maybe my way might help you. So, I suggest you come out to them one by one. What I mean by that is that come out to your mom or dad first and then come out to the other parent. I, myself, am out to my dad and I´ve got a plan for coming out to my mom. I´m going to buy me a pillow and the gist is basically "I´m the rainbow sheep of my family". Then I´ll show it to her and use that to come out.

And also, you don´t HAVE to come out to your parents. You can wait. It also depends on your age. If you´re around 12 yo, then I´d wait, but if you´re older than that, then you can consider it.

But whatever floats your boat. It´s your life and only you can decide what to do with it.

Good luck!

Hey Lillypond,

Thanks for reaching out to us :). It's great to hear that you want to come out to your parents. I just want to check, do you feel ready to do this? Many people feel like they have to rush this process, but it's completely down to you. You can take your time if you feel you're not ready. Also, is it safe for you to come out? This means that you won't be kicked out or put it any kind of danger.

With actually coming out to your parents, we have a support guide here which might help you: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-11...ian-gay-or-bi/

You could maybe get both of your parents together to talk through it then, or you could even write a letter. Some people find it easier to write the letter as it can be quite a nerve-wracking thing to do. What do you think about this?

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Thanks for your advice, Mammu. I also really like your way of coming out - it's sweet :). Let us know how it goes. Remember, we are here if you need nay support :)

Hey LillyPond. Let us know how it goes for you. We are always here to support you. Good luck with it all :)

-Monsoon