Will it get better?

Setysh    

I’ve been depressed and suicidal for about 8 years now and I’m just 17 I’m a cowered because I always get scared and never get the job done so my question for all the people who have been in this situation is will it get better?

should I keep living? cause it’s been a really long time since I felt happy

Hi SETYSH,

Thanks for reaching out to us for support. I've decided to email you separately to give you the help that you need. I'm really glad that you're asking for support as this will help you to get through this. We want to let you know that you are not alone. Can I ask, do you have a plan to take your own life? Please know that this feeling will pass and you will start to feel happy again, but I know how hard it must be to see that right now. You have worth and you can be happy again. We care about you.

We support Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm (BST) via our community https://www.ditchthelabel.org/community/and there are more options below:

UK: The Samaritans - 116 123 (This is a 24/7 service)

USA: NSPL - 1-800-273-8255 (This is a 24/7 service)

This link will give you a list of all crisis lines worldwide: https://www.befrienders.org

You can also call your doctor or go to any emergency department and ask for help.

I have sent you an email so we can talk about it there. I am also happy to discuss here on our community.

Stay safe and let us know that you're okay.

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2020 at 5:08 AM, Setysh said:

I’ve been depressed and suicidal for about 8 years now and I’m just 17 I’m a cowered because I always get scared and never get the job done so my question for all the people who have been in this situation is will it get better?

should I keep living? cause it’s been a really long time since I felt happy

It will definitely get better.I had suicidal thoughts like tor a very short time (kinda). But come on,we are already here on earth. Why not enjoy the things that this world has to offer for you? There are a lot of amazing people and things out there .you just have to find them. Well ..wow I am 17 as well. You know you can just read some of the issues posted by various ppl in here and you will realize that your problem is really small compared to them..............Try to be positive I know its not easy but try. You will get there. I see you are kinda depressed right? Well.....from my experience ( its very small ik ..still..) ..once you overcome depression the smallest of the smallest things make you happy and the happiness feels 100 times better than the happiness you felt when you were not dealing with mental health issues. So just hang in there for a little bit more and things will get better for sure........Try to think about the small good things around you like you crossed the road safely yesterday.You atleast managed to find a job. You had the courage to open up about what you feel right now. That is great........You are great.... And there are a loootttttttt of people who cares for like me who doesn't even know you took like 15 min to try to make you feel better and I don't think I am that good as a person. So hopefully the rest of the population is so much better than me. So if this message brought you the slightest piece of happinesss,think about the people on earth who actually cares for you. You can do it. You will overcome this. Love yourself for who you are love the world for what it is. Don't be hard on yourself ,give yourself  some pampering,appreciate yourself for your small accomplishments, and know that its okay to not be okay. I am a believer ...so i' ll make sure to remember you in my prayers............-love a well wisher of this beautiful person ..mwah