Do I like girls or do I just wanna try it out? And how to come out to your family?

bubbly ย  ย 

I would fantasized myself kissing girls I mean I liked girls but I don't know if it because everyone is bi or any other sexuality. I have a friend and I didn't realize that I liked her for a very long time until she dated a guy and I got really jealous but I didn't want to tell her that I liked her because she is my close friends but I don't know how to and I want to tell my family but I don't know how to cause we are religious and I don't want my parents to kick me out just because I like girls. I feel so depressed and sad that I can't tell anyone about my problems.... I just feel so hopeless and lonely and I just want to ask how can anyone go through this like me? I know a lot of people who is bi, gay, lesbian, trans gender and they all seem happy to me. I just want to tell my parents that i am bi and tell them that I am the same but I am feeling scared to tell them.

-Feeling hopeless

Hey! Thanks for reaching out to us :)

ย 

I completely get why you are feeling scared. There are plenty of others in your position. You are not alone and we are here to help :)

ย 

Do you feel ready to come out to them? This is your journey and it's important that you feel ready and that the time is right to come out. Also, it's really important to only come out when it's safe. We don't want you to be put in a vulnerable position by coming out and then being kicked out if your parents have a bad reaction. In these cases, it would be best to wait until you're independent e.g. living out of the family home. What do you think about that?

ย 

Also, here are some support guides you might find helpful when the time is right:

ย 

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/coming-out-homophobic-parents/

ย 

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/

ย 

Hope this helps! Speak soon

ย 

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey @bubbly!

I am currently in almost the same position. I identify as bisexual but I prefer girls. My dad is a priest but luckily for me, he is not very judgemental. He and a friend I met on the Internet are the only two people in my lie, who know about me and for a little while, Iร‚ยดd like it to stay that way. I think about coming out every day and especially to one of my best friend, who I also have a crush on. Being LGBT is hard and I have been in some VERY dark places in my life. I am doing better now though and if my depressive soul can find a happy place and manage, then you can too! If you want to talk to somebody though, then you should try the LGBT+ Amino Community and Chatt app. I met one of my best supporters there and she has helped me a lot. You can find other people like you there and talking to others really helps.

I hope, that you find some support and remember: you donร‚ยดt HAVE to come out until you are ready and being lesbian/bi does not make you any less of a person. You can also message me separately if you want to talk to somebody in the same situation as you.

ย 

We are always here for you!

Hey @bubbly!

I am currently in almost the same position. I identify as bisexual but I prefer girls. My dad is a priest but luckily for me, he is not very judgemental. He and a friend I met on the Internet are the only two people in my lie, who know about me and for a little while, Iร‚ยดd like it to stay that way. I think about coming out every day and especially to one of my best friend, who I also have a crush on. Being LGBT is hard and I have been in some VERY dark places in my life. I am doing better now though and if my depressive soul can find a happy place and manage, then you can too! If you want to talk to somebody though, then you should try the LGBT+ Amino Community and Chatt app. I met one of my best supporters there and she has helped me a lot. You can find other people like you there and talking to others really helps.

I hope, that you find some support and remember: you donร‚ยดt HAVE to come out until you are ready and being lesbian/bi does not make you any less of a person. You can also message me separately if you want to talk to somebody in the same situation as you.

ย 

We are always here for you!

This is a great post and really helpful - thank you :). I'm glad to hear you are doing better now. When you're thinking of coming out, do know that we can support you through this. Just make sure you are ready to do that as you said.

ย 

Over and out,

ย 

Monsoon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e