Am I bisexual?

Bumblebee1903    

I guess I’m just looking for clarification or acceptance as it’s all confusing to me. Recently I met someone the same gender as me who likes both women and men and we got closer and had a bigger connection than I had to anyone else she made me realise I could like girls and guys and I realised I think I have feelings for her but what if it’s not that and it’s something else like a really close friendship? I guess I just need someone to talk to who knows this situation. Can anyone help explain this?

Hey. Thanks for coming to Community for support - we are here to help.

I wonder, have you had any kind of romantic attraction to members of the same sex before? When you think about this person, can you describe what your feelings are (e.g. love, attraction, romantic, platonic, etc.)? It is easy to get confused by our feelings and I will be able to give you some support once you can explain a little further :)

Also, I wonder, might it be worth speaking to her about this? She could also be having the same feelings.

Speak soon,

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hello, thank you for commenting!

into more detail the person told me how they felt and I couldn’t help but go red and explode with happiness inside! I’ve thought about relationships sexually but I’m not a sexual person so I’ve never really been interested in that side of a relationship but every time I see her I get a bounce of adrenaline/excitement and she’s always on my mind! Every time we speak I can’t help but smile and she makes my day better! I was out off the idea of being bi by my mum ages ago however would a completely straight person think about this for a few months and would they feel this way towards the same sex?

Hey :)

Thanks for responding. I'm glad that you feel happy about the way she feels about you. It sounds like you have a really good chemistry.

I think that a completely straight person can still feel this way about a friend and it not be romantic. We all have that one friend who makes us feel so happy every time we speak to them. However, it's difficult to separate feelings of attraction and love on a romantic and platonic level.

Do you feel like you want a relationship with this person? I think that would be the question I would be asking myself to make my feelings clearer.

Hope this helps :)

- Monsoon

Hey! Sorry for the late reply!

I have thought about a relationship with this person and it seems alright however I still don’t think I’d want the sexual part but that’s personal preference as I’m not inclined that way! It’s really confusing I’ve spoken to multiple people who tried to help aswell but I still don’t know where my heads at! :/

Hey, no need to apologise about late replies. Take as much time as you need. That's completely fine to not want the sexual part of a relationship and many other people feel the same way. I'm sorry you feel you don't know where your head is at. I think that you need some time to yourself to figure this out as I'm not sure the answer is going to come to you quickly. Would you consider speaking with the person you feel this way about? This might help you to make more sense of the situation.

Keep you chin up :)

- Monsoon

Hey!

I talk to her on a daily basis about it and it helps to put part of my mind at ease! Thank you for replying and being there it means a lot speaking to someone else!

I guess this is going to be a confusing journey but the answer will come to me sometime! Thank you so much!

Hey. Yeah, you're right by saying that the answer will come to you in time. I know you want the answer now, but these things take time which can be frustrating. Do keep in touch and let us know how everything goes. We are always here to support you :)

- Monsoon