do you ever feel your body is not good enough

chicknpeaqueen    

Hi there. Sorry to hear that you feel this way about yourself. I think that society is hard these days, especially when it comes to beauty standards. We are surrounded by so many images telling us what we should look like and what is, and isn't ‘ugly', but we all have beauty and importantly, value. These standards are largely driven by the media and advertising which as I'm sure you know, sells mostly unattainable images of attractiveness. For example, one thing I really don't like about myself is my nose. I avoid having side-profile pictures where you can see it because I think it's too big!

I know that it's easy to get drawn into feeling so low about this. To help with this problem, I we would encourage you to remind yourself about all of your great qualities and to work on building your self-esteem. It takes work, but is definitely worth it. Maybe start by writing down 3 things you like about yourself?

Here are some links from us which you may find useful:

5 Ways to Boost Your Self-Esteem - Ditch the Labelwww.ditchthelabel.org › 5-ways-boost-self-esteem

10 Tips for Overcoming Low Self-Esteem - Ditch the Labelwww.ditchthelabel.org › overcoming-low-self-esteem

Hope this helps :)

- Monsoon

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 year later...

i used to think bad things about my body but now i like it. i wouldn't say i love it i don't think i ever will. but it's okay, i like aspects about it and focus on those

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reezwa said:

i used to think bad things about my body but now i like it. i wouldn't say i love it i don't think i ever will. but it's okay, i like aspects about it and focus on those

That's so great that you were able to change the way you look at your body :). Did anything else help you to do this other than focusing on the aspects that you like? Love it! 

• 1 month later...

I always feel like something on my body is not perfect or beautiful.... I think I like my body but that's not enough. even if I try to follow the trend or act pretty and try to hide my insecurities. I still feel like I'm not good enough 

4 hours ago, Reina said:

I always feel like something on my body is not perfect or beautiful.... I think I like my body but that's not enough. even if I try to follow the trend or act pretty and try to hide my insecurities. I still feel like I'm not good enough 

Hey Reina,

I think this is a pretty common way to feel, but there are loads of things we can do to feel more positively about our appearance. If you would like support, just say the word - we are here for you.