For anyone, who feels like they are ugly and not good enough

Mammu    

Hi!

So, do you think, that you are ugly and aren´t good enough to date/have a relationship? If you do, then I strongly urge you to think again. You are beautiful. No matter your weight, height, the babies of food around your belly, sexuality, race and whatever else you think, that good people care about. If a person cares about you, then they´ll take you for who you are and not for how you look. If the person makes comments about you and you consider him/her your friend, then I´d strongly advise you to reconsider. If other people make fun of you, then just ignore it. I know that it´s difficult and I know that ignoring is sometimes the hardest thing that you´ll ever have to do but you´ll just have to push through. Here I´d like to quote one of my favorite characters in a series:

"If it´s about survival, isn´t a little agony worth it?"

Everybody can interpret that quote the way, that they see fit, but for me, it means that when you are living your everyday life, it can be tough. Especially for an LGBT+ person, like myself. I have suicidal thoughts weekly and I cry almost every day. I often think that I´m not good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, "normal enough" (hate that word btw, like what even is "normal"?) but that agony is worth it for the joys of life. The simple things - seeing my cat and my guinea pig in the morning, hugging my mom and my dad, the smell of coffee in the mornings, my friends, my future, sunsets, rain, snow, a cup of tea, a chess class, photography, YouTubers, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. Whatever you find, that gives your life meaning. And if you are in a place, where you THINK that nothing gives your life meaning anymore, then think about these two things:

1) A quote, again, from the same TV show:

"Death doesn´t happen to you. It happens to the people around you. They are the ones, who have to figure out, how to live their lives without you in it." And it is very true. People DO care about you and they will break without the amazing person, that you are, in it.

2) If you really think, that no one cares, that you are gone, then think about this: YOU may be the next Ariana Grande/Michael Jackson/Elon Musk/Leonardo DiCaprio, etc. YOU might be the person, who finds the cure for cancer. YOU might be the person, who paints the next "Mona Lisa". YOU might be the person, who writes the next "Thriller". YOU have a future ahead of you and do NOT let anybody take it away from you. Focus on yourself instead of the people, who tell you that "you are not good enough, that you are not worth it. You are worth it and you are good enough. Don´t let anybody tell you otherwise!

Hi Mammu,

Thank you so much for your post. I think this is such a powerful post because you talk about how you're really focusing on the positive things in life to get you through hard times. I just want you to know that I've sent you a private message as I'm concerned about your wellbeing after you talked about your sadness and suicidal ideation. If you haven't got the message, please respond on here and I will sort out contacting you privately to support you during this time.

Hang in there

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi Mammu,

Thank you so much for your post. I think this is such a powerful post because you talk about how you're really focusing on the positive things in life to get you through hard times. I just want you to know that I've sent you a private message as I'm concerned about your wellbeing after you talked about your sadness and suicidal ideation. If you haven't got the message, please respond on here and I will sort out contacting you privately to support you during this time.

Hang in there

- Monsoon

Hey!

Thank you for your kind words @Monsoon! I didn´t get your message tho (maybe I just have no clue where to look). You can maybe send me an email?

I wanted to add a totally awesome song into that post as well, but last night I couldn´t find it and after search for a bit a found it:

Listen to it when your moral is down and it can give you hope.