homophobic family

dark61    

hello there

im 15 and i find out that i was gay when i was 10 years old so after that my life really really changed i lost communication with others they don't know about this but i can't be with my ex-friends because of i know that lot of them are homophobic like my parents and i can't be with them i really just can't maybe because of i scared or i don't know there are only 10-15 people which i can call friends but most of them are homophobic too only one human knows about me and she is trying to make everything for me and im glad about that but mostly im worried about my parents because they are very homophobic and i don't know how to talk them. everytime when they hear something about LGBT people they are starting talking and saying that this is not religious and LGBT people are mistakes of nature and world would be better without LGBT people so i don't have any idea what to do

sorry for my broken English

also i tried suicide 4 times because i was depressed and i don't know how i survived but im glad about that because this was my very very very wrong 4 action or behavior in my life and now im trying to think that everything would be alright but i really don't know if i will handle this secret anymore

Hello @dark61

Welcome to our community, we are happy you have found us.

Have you had any more thoughts of suicide. There is a great app called "Stay Alive" https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/stay-alive/id915458967 that you can download - it includes some great strategies like a safety plan for you to fill in to keep yourself safe.

The LGBT community are not a mistake and we are entirely natural. I'm so sorry your parents look at your identity negatively. Your sexuality is just one part of you and you are made up of so many different parts. It sounds like it may not be safe to come out to your parents right now and your safety is the most important thing to think about right now. You are already 'out' to your friend.

If you do really want to come out to them make sure you have read over these tips https://www.ditchthelabel.org/coming-out-homophobic-parents/ and you have a plan B for if they do not take it well but please don't feel like you have to come out - because you really don't have to be rushed out by anyone.

This community is here for you!

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

thx for replying

well i don't have plan B because its really hard to find support

also i can't handle this secret anymore because this feeling is like its eating me from inside

thx for replying

well i don't have plan B because its really hard to find support

also i can't handle this secret anymore because this feeling is like its eating me from inside

If u have social media or some way of messaging ur friends, even a sibling if u have one, who u kno are going to except u, talk to them that way. Ask them what they think of the LGBT community and see how they think of it. Even talk to ur parents that way through text message but before u do that make sure u ur out to someone u trust, and if u do it face to face, record it and u have evidence if ur parents do something.

Tom

Hello @dark61

I know it feels like a big secret, but you have told us and that is something to help you lighten the load.

You can get support from this community whenever you need it. You are valid and so is who you love.

Remi

u guys aren't helping me

u are saying that this community is here for you but i dont need that i dont need mental help because its not working

i need real help and not mental

why this phrase 'this community is here for you' have to make me feel better how u are gonna help me when u guys are saying that u are here for me. this wont helo and that cant change my problems. i posted here months or year ago but there was same situation again 'we are here for you' again mental.help

this isn't working this isn't real.help

• Ditch the Label Staff

@dark61 Hi, are you able to tell us what type of help you think would work for you? When you think about the help you need - what does that look like? We can then try and connect you if that is somewhere local to you or advise on where to go if you feel you need specific face to face support.

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff

@dark61 Have you thought about joining an online or online LGBT+ group of faith? They would have a unique perspective which would help. I'm happy to try and find some links if that would help?

Staff-Account.png

Hello there @dark61

I know it's tough, because we wish we could wave a magic wand and everything would just be better but unfortunately it's just not the way it goes.

It takes lots of positive reinforcement and strength and sometimes there is just sadness but it will pass.

What kind of support would you like?

Remi

• 1 year later...

Ermm... honestly i jus came here to see how ppl helped each other n to look for solutions to my own probs. I am actually around ur age haha n i cannot claim to know how awful it is to be discriminated bcaus i was lucky enough to be born in a more accepting place. However, i have been suffering for over 7 yrs of depression insomnia sucidal thoughts n fear. I have seen cruelty n indifference to other peoples fears n problems. I also have seen selfishness at its peak and have been left alone to deal with my problems my self, abandoned by my only friends n family. No offence but i really hope ur not ded because then we would be losing smth special in this world. Humans be it good or evil are all different n special in their own ways. Don't throw away your life no matter how tough it gets because light is gonna come into ur life be it when ur on ur deathbed on when u r born. I was found my life in anime and stories, immersing myself in them and freeing myself from the chains of my uselessness and pain. Ur life can be in anything from hobbies to ur favorite food. Don't give up. Life only come once and from a fellow survivor, i can only tell you to smile. Smile even when you being stabbed punched or kicked. Smile when your being hated n hated. Smile even when you are alone. Even fake ones are ok. Cling onto that last string of sanity and never let it go. This is how i survived for 10 years. This may not work for you but please know that there ar at least 2 people in this dang world who cares for you. Hold on.

Hey @akumi_Tempest

Thanks for sharing your story and being so kind. It's so nice to hear how well you have done - it sounds like you're a really strong and resilient person :)

How are things for you at the moment?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e