I'm yearning for love

Daphne    

I'm unable to explain what's going on with me but I just feel lonely and unloved. I feel like nobody cares. At times I feel like cutting my wrist just to seek attention. I don't want to die but I want to be in a critical state in which everyone would be there for me. I just want to be noticed. I'm desperate of being loved and hugged tightly.

I feel you completely. When I was reading this, I thought it was my own post (called I'm desperate). I had a really good friend, but I liked him romantically and sexually as well. I came out to him to try and be honest, but all I got in return was being made fun of for being bi and him not talking to me anymore. Just know that there are other people out there who feel the same way (me included), and you are not alone. I currently have no friends to talk with so feel free to message me anytime. And dont cut yourself, ok? If you really feel the urge, put a rubber band or hair tie around your wrist, then lift it up and let it snap against your wrist. I am doing this method and it has helped. You're not alone, and you will find someone who will love you and hug you, I promise. It doesn't feel that way right now, but there's someone out there waiting to meet you. If possible, listen to music as much as you can. It helps me distract myself from my life by just listening to the sound. Give it a try! You got this!

Hello @Daphne

If you want support from people the best thing to do would be to ask for it, share with the people in your life and minimise the risk to yourself. There are other ways to get people's attention. When you want to cut I want you to have a try of these distraction techniques - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/ - the one I like the best is to draw on your arm with red pen or the rubber band that Anthony suggested. Doing anything to risk your life is unsafe, I would suggest reaching out to loved ones if you can. Do you have friends that you can hug and get intimacy from, I often think this is better than having intimacy from a partner.

It is the most normal thing in the world to want love, intimacy and to be loved. We are human so it is in our basic instincts to love and be touched. We also can be very lonely creatures - I myself have felt lonely more times than I can count and it is such a horrible feeling and can make us feel rubbish. They say that we can die from loneliness so I understand why this is bothering you.

What always helped me was to make lists of all the things and people and experiences I was grateful for, so instead of focusing what I didn't have I focused on what I did have. Could you try making these kinds of lists so start with - "I am grateful for...."?

I really hope some of this helps.

Just remember you are loved, you are valued and you matter.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.