I miss having someone to hug

Kayleyg03    

Yeah I get I could hug family or a friend. But I miss having someone who loves you THAT WAY to just hug. Everyone I get in a relationship it goes wrong. I just want that

​​​hug.

Hello @Kayleyg03

Aww this is a really common feeling we all want to be loved and held by someone but it's good to remember you can enjoy being on your own and just waiting for the right person to come along is better than getting into something that isn't right. Also, hugs from friends can be great too platonic affection can release lots of the same endorphins!

We wrote an article about the great things about being on your own you should check out. https://www.ditchthelabel.org/5-thin...t-being-alone/

We're here whenever you need a virtual hug!

giphy.gif

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Thank you so much Remi, I just miss having someone to hug. The article helped a bit all the same, so thank you! :)

I just don't think I'll be with anyone again because the last person I was with I ruined everything by having anxiety because he had to deal with watching me slowly fall apart... and in the end I was the one to break his heart. It wasn't fair on him, and I have no feelings for him anymore. I know that's okay and sometimes things just don't work out the way we expect, but I feel horrible for hurting him and I can't do that to another person.

Also, recently I let my guard down and let my best friend in. I actually started falling in love with him, and I still kind of am, but he doesn't want a relationship right now, and that's okay too, I respect his decision, but I had such high hopes and if it's not him I don't want anyone else.

• Ditch the Label Staff

@Kayleyg03 As hard as it is to break up with someone, you did the right thing as it just would't work if you're not feeling it (for whatever reason) and it wouldn't be fair on either of you.

I think there are lots of people in life that can be 'right' for us rather than there being just one soulmate.

I'm (happily) single but also a huge hugger - I absolutely cash in hugs from family and friends at every opportunity. :)

Staff-Account.png