Should i put makeup and change my hairstyle ? I'm confused .

evaty Β  Β 

I'm a simple girl ,i don't put makeup,i don't know even how to do it ,i don't wear new fashion clothes or expensive one,i rarely go to shopping .Actually i dislike my appreance ,my face,my teeths,and my body .My appearance makes me feel down a lot of times ,i'm single a long time ago ,i can't meet new guys .I'm alone ,i have no friends .My family members always critisize me ,and my appearence despite they know i dont have enought money to make change .Now i got my first official job .i want to work to make money and start my business ,but i feel like i should spend money first to change my appearence ,i'm confused ! Should i spend money to make my appearance better ? Or keep it and dont care about others opinion cuz i know i will use it to start my new project.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I think no one can decide for you...your appearance is yours, and it's only up to you how to look. Maybe you should try new things, see if you're comfortable with them, and then decide whether to keep them or try something else. No matter how you look, there is always gonna be someone telling you they don't like it. So the most important thing is that you like your appearance, not other people. You can maybe listen to an advice from someone,but in the end it's you who decides if listen to that advice or not. I hope I was useful in some way. Γ°ΕΈΛœβ‚¬

Hello @evaty

Β 

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your self-confidence, this is a topic a lot of us find hard - have a read over this body acceptance toolkit, I think it may help you - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/body-acceptance-toolkit/. I also never wear make up and don't feel the need to wear it to make myself feel beautiful.

Β 

Don't spend money changing who you are because the truth is until you love yourself you will never be happy even with the changes. It is a journey and not a destination but try and find some things that you like about yourself, to do with your appearance and otherwise and just repeat them to yourselves, over and over again.

Β 

You are not other people's opinions of you, you just aren't do not spend your time trying to impress others, spend your time impressing yourself.

Β 

We are here for you as a community.

Β 

_Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi! I think no one can decide for you...your appearance is yours, and it's only up to you how to look. Maybe you should try new things, see if you're comfortable with them, and then decide whether to keep them or try something else. No matter how you look, there is always gonna be someone telling you they don't like it. So the most important thing is that you like your appearance, not other people. You can maybe listen to an advice from someone,but in the end it's you who decides if listen to that advice or not. I hope I was useful in some way. Γ°ΕΈΛœβ‚¬

Hey that was really useful, cheers Ann. :)

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.