Anyone out there who’s bi and feels alone in all of it??

Kin    

Hi I’m Kin, I came out as bi to my care team( counsellors, doctor) and a few friends. They were all awesome about it. However I can’t tell my best friends and family. They are all beyond Homophobic and some believe it’s sin. I don’t know anybody who is bi or gay where I live. I feel alone And shameful. If there is anyone out there that is willing to talk to me or share how you came out I would appreciate it. 

fr Kin

Hi, Kin. I'm also bi. I would love to email you, but my parents could see that, and I am not out to them either. I finally came out to my friends today and yesterday, and they were more supportive than I thought. You should have faith in your friends. Even if they are homophobic, if they are really your friend, they'll accept you. You do not have to come out to them, though. I completely understand the feeling of being alone. Just relax, breathe. This may sound stupid, but talk to yourself. Tell yourself positive things like "you are loved", "you are strong", and most importantly "you are worth it." No matter your sexuality, you are worth it. There is nothing to be ashamed of. As long as you are being yourself and only yourself, you are perfect. Don't change for anyone. Love yourself. Accept yourself. You matter.

~Alicorn

Thanks Alicorn

you are such an encouraging person!! I’m glad your friends were accepting of you being bi. I’ll work on my best friends for now and worry about my family later. You really encouraged me tonight, thanks!! Keep in touch

kin

Hello! I am also Bisexual but I have not dated anyone the same gender so technically I am classed as Bi-curious but I have come to my best friends (all 7 of them at different times) and they were all accepting I also found out 2 of them aren't straight either but all of them were so supportive just keep trying and when you move out (or if you already have) just tell your parents cause you won't be living with them when you move out (or you aren't already idk) but I'm sure they will accept you in time, and if your friends don't accept you they're not real friends

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I feel very alone.. a lot of people at my school know, and so does my sister.. my stepmother says I only "think" I'm bisexual because I've never seen a stable male-female relationship but that isn't true.. my stepfather says it goes against the bible.. and one of my Aunts told me she wouldn't support it..I'm proud of who I am but my family despises the LGBTQ+ Community and I don't know what to do.. so yes, I feel alone too..

Dear P.P.K_Skys

i am so proud of you for coming out to your family and friends. I haven’t come out to family because of them being totally homophobic but you have. You took that step you have a lot of courage. I left my church cuz it’s taught it’s wrong I’m not going to change how I feel and who I am maybe there will be a time I can tell family but it’s not now. I pray your family will come to terms with you and you can be who you are. I look up to you and maybe one day I can be brave.as you! I know alone you feel. I’m there too. Write me anytime..

Dear P.P.K_Skys

i am so proud of you for coming out to your family and friends. I haven’t come out to family because of them being totally homophobic but you have. You took that step you have a lot of courage. I left my church cuz it’s taught it’s wrong I’m not going to change how I feel and who I am maybe there will be a time I can tell family but it’s not now. I pray your family will come to terms with you and you can be who you are. I look up to you and maybe one day I can be brave.as you! I know alone you feel. I’m there too. Write me anytime..

Thanks Kin, you always know the right thing to say.

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Honestly, the only reason I'm here is because I feel like that! I've not told anybody-not because I think they'll have a bad reaction (although I can't be sure) but just because I kind of don't want anything to change. Does anyone else feel like that? I think I'm also fearful of my future and what coming out might change. Idk, it's a difficult one but I can promise you you're not alone!

Honestly, the only reason I'm here is because I feel like that! I've not told anybody-not because I think they'll have a bad reaction (although I can't be sure) but just because I kind of don't want anything to change. Does anyone else feel like that? I think I'm also fearful of my future and what coming out might change. Idk, it's a difficult one but I can promise you you're not alone!

Hey, I totally get you, especially if you have concerns about how loved ones might react. But it doesn't have to change everything. You are made up of so many different parts and your sexuality only reflects one small part of all that you are. Coming out may change some things for you, but some of these things could be really positive, change is good! Don't let anyone rush you coming out though, it should be done in your own time and when you are ready. -Remi

Remi-thank you so much for your reply. Honestly that's the first time I've ever had consolation and it's so comforting to find someone who understands! I think what I'm struggling with most is that I constantly feel on edge-like I'm a little bit lost and am not being honest; does that make sense? Is it probable that coming out would dispel that feeling?

M

Hey there [uSER][/uSER]me

I get what you mean about feeling lost I think, like there is a whole part of you that you want to share with someone.

Well you know, coming out can be done however you like and remember you have already come out, because you have come out to me! I would suggest picking one friend that you know you can trust and that you really care about, and just come out to them, if that feels good then maybe tell another person.

How does that sound?

-Remi

Remi-

That sounds like a plan! Thank you so much; you've made me much more comfortable and I think I'm going to work up the courage to talk to my sister. This community is such a blessing and makes me feel like I belong.

M

Hey there @thesunforshame

You do belong! and we are happy we can be your tribe. Take your time, you are really brave for wanting to share with your sister.

Have a great weekend.

:cool:

M

i was scared to come out just haven’t to my fam yet.. I am proud of you for wanting to tell your sister that is awesome maybe in time you’ll be able to tell others. Proud of you :)

Kin and Remi-

Thank you so much for the support! Can't explain the relief of having people to talk to; even if it is just online. Kin, I completely feel you about coming out to family-need to work up the courage to talk to my parents after my sister. Always in awe of the bravery of this community, including you! Sending virtual hugs and rainbows.

M