Coming out

Seri    

Hello everyone, I'm new to this. And I have a problem,

Recently I experienced a horrible event in my life. My sister (she's younger than me) she was telling me a story about the girl that was trying to kiss her and she said: "I hate lesbians". Since I am bisexual that really hurt me. I might have accidentally told her that I like girls and boys. Once I asked her if she hated me beacuse I was bisexual and she said "yes". She said she's fine with gays but she hated lesbians and I was really upset. The rest of the day she didn't talk with me. Even put a sign on her door for me to not enter it. She might have been too young to hear that, she might not understand me very well ans based on her reaction I'm afraid that my parents are going to react the same way and it makes me very ansxious. I was thinking about coming out only a cpuple years from now but this moment made me think about it a lot. I talked about it with my friends, they gave me a lot of support but none of them was able to give me a good advice conaidering I was the only bisexual/lesbian in my friend group. I came to this website to look for help, to deal with this because it burdens me a lot and I just want the best for my family.

Thank you for listening

Hello @Seri

Welcome to our community!

How old is your younger sister? It may be that she just isn't mature enough yet to understand the complexes of sexuality. But still, I totally get why it would have upset you. Well, it's great that you are already out to your friends, there is no rush to come out to your parents unless you are ready, why do you feel you need them to know?

Feel free to use this space to get anything off your mind and we will support you as best as possible.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello @Seri

Welcome to our community!

How old is your younger sister? It may be that she just isn't mature enough yet to understand the complexes of sexuality. But still, I totally get why it would have upset you. Well, it's great that you are already out to your friends, there is no rush to come out to your parents unless you are ready, why do you feel you need them to know?

Feel free to use this space to get anything off your mind and we will support you as best as possible.

-Remi

I totally understand I was going to come out the other day and my younger brother right beforehand told me he thought gay people were screwed up. It really hurt my confidence