Yo I'm new here!

CassJ    

Hi, I'm making this post because I just joined the community. I am a college student who struggles with social anxiety and self-esteem issues. I currently talk to a counselor about how I'm feeling, but there are only so many things that I can discuss with her regarding my mental health for 1 hour once a week. I hope to find more resources here. I came across this website because I googled "Am I ugly?" and so here I am! Thanks for reading if you did!

Hey there [uSER=17767]CassJohnson[/uSER]

Welcome to our community, we are really happy you've found us.

That's exactly what our space is for to get some support, chat with people, and not feel like you're in this alone. It's good that you've got a counsellor to talk to as well, do you find the sessions are helping you?

A lot of us can suffer from social anxiety, I included, has your counsellor given you breathing exercises or visualisations to do when you are anxious ever?

The answer to that question is 'No' you are not ugly, ugly is subjective and i hope you enjoyed the article check out this one by Kitty Underhill on a body acceptance toolkit. https://www.ditchthelabel.org/body-acceptance-toolkit/

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.