I think my friend is bi or gay but dosn't want to accept it

Cols    

I'm gay and am pretty comfortable with myself and out to just a few people, just have to bring up the courge to tell my parents. But my bestie who knows im gay and is very strictly Mennonite. (she dosnt agree with LGBTQ peeps but still supports them) has had feeling for girls before and has told me this but always seems to say that everyone gets those feeling to their same gender. I feel like she might be Bi or Gay but since she comes from a religous family has kinda denied it. What can I do to help her??

Hey @Cols

Welcome to our support community.

Coming out or admitting our sexuality can be such a terrifying and nerve-wracking experience. One that we can never be rushed into. Remember how you might have felt before you came out, there might have been some feelings of denial or shame?

The best thing you can do for your friend is to let her know how safe and loved she is by you. She may never come out and that is something that you will need to plan for. How would you feel if she never came out? She may get to a point where she wants to come out in the future and will need your support throughout.

I know it's frustrating for you and you are just being a good friend, but just having such a close LGBT ally will hopefully make her feel like, if she is gay, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey Remi,

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I just want her to be happy and comfortable with who she is and she is my closet friend so I really just want the best for her. I think I would be kind of sad/ disappointed if she is bi or gay but never comes out since she's not really being her true self due to the way she was raised.

Thanks so much,

Cols

Hey Cols,

Yeah I totally get what you mean, maybe she just needs a little longer to get her head around it, or to get a little older so it will be easier to come out.

Keep being an awesome best friend :)

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.