I’m new here

KEEPINGUP    

Hi,

I’ve been in South Texas since 2011 and has been difficult to deal with bullying: neighbor’s jealousy, slander, chauvinism, harrasment and rejection (I’m originally from south america, married to American). My husband has been very supportive but sometimes isvery difficult to be strong and pretend to ignore people here. Sometimes I want to cry, to disapear, to put an end to all that because it’s not fair, because is to much bitterness coming from those neighbors.

Edited by KEEPINGUP

Hello @KEEPINGUP

Welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you've experienced negative behaviour from neighbours. Is there any sort of conflict resolution that could occur with the neighbours, do you think being able to talk to them with an impartial person in the middle to mediate would help? It's true that as you live so close to one another it is hard and unreasonable to just 'ignore' it.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

we have tried different friendly/cordially approaches: talking to other neighbors, greetings, gifts... etc, the consequence is the same hostility or even worst. Unfortunately we cannot move from this area.

thanks for tour reply

Hello @KEEPINGUP

It sounds like you and your family have done a lot to accomodate your neighbours already.

Do you know the cause of the hostility, is it something that can be remedied?

-Remi

Hi Remi,

we think we know what’s going on really, it’s nothing personal.

those neighbors are money-oriented, that means:

- if you have money, they consider you a potential client

- if you have money and pay them for mowing your yard, repair your house etc, you are not only a client but welcomed

- but you have to add sth else: you won’t be able to complain about their job’s quality

Unfortunately we cannot afford right now to pay someone else to do that kind of work. It’s really like living with a locall mop but it’s so underground that

no one says nothing. Most of pur neighbors are retired or maybe so wealthy$$$ ?? or tgey do not care really, they keep themselves encliosed.

Reporting to the authorities here,without a clear proof of this is not only a waste of time but worst - little town, big hell.

we are trying to keep ourselves in a kind of “phantasy� world while we work our yard and house, a way to iignore the situation and not letting it escalate in our minds and in other circles (police, lawyers etc).

and

we procure to avoid situations where we find ourselves alone with them: no cars on the street, darkness...

We also notice thoseneighbors are trying to desacredit us, and we just procure to share the facts when we have the opportunity, without adding feelings, hipothesis, or pointing fingers...just facts. Not easy.

Hey @KEEPINGUP

It's completely understandable that you don't want and cannot afford to have help from them right now. Regardless of what your other neighbours are doing.

I understand it must be distressing for you.

Could you focus on things that aren't related to this, it sounds like their behaviour is really out of your hands, and so as hard as it is try not to let it affect you as you have not done anything wrong here.

Why would you want to have police involvement in the matter?

-Remi