Help Please

anon1312    

Hey guys,

So in the past I was a victim of bullying. It was really bad and I was not wanting to go to school, not eating, not sleeping and crying practically 24/7. I have moved schools and it is so much better, couldnt of asked for a better school. But quite a lot these waves of panic will come over me when im literally doing nothing in class and ill become shakey and self conscious and sweat. Or ill have times when i feel so over whelmed and just so down in the dumps that i dont even want to speak, i just want to disappear.

In the grand scale of things its not that bad. But i was just wondering why i feel like this when things couldnt be better and if mild anxiety and depression are still things and count as mental health issues??

thanks

anon1312

Hey hey @anon1312 ,

Welcome to our community, we are so happy you have found us!

I'm so pleased for you that things are so much better now, and that you love your new school - it sounds like things are up on the up.

From what you've said - everything was pretty tough for you a little while ago. These experiences can stay with us for a while in our pain memory - even just being at school - your brain and body could associate these spaces with trauma and it could be triggering you.

Just because things in your life feel better it does not mean that you are not allowed to suffer with your mental health and yes they are mental health issues- they are not always connected and you are allowed to feel down without having a 'reason' for it. We have to treat our mental health like our physical health - you wouldn't blame yourself for catching a cold would you.

The best things you can do, is try and get a good nights sleep, eat healthily, take regular time for yourself and practice lots of self-care.

You are allowed to feel down sometimes :)

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey hey @anon1312 ,

Welcome to our community, we are so happy you have found us!

I'm so pleased for you that things are so much better now, and that you love your new school - it sounds like things are up on the up.

From what you've said - everything was pretty tough for you a little while ago. These experiences can stay with us for a while in our pain memory - even just being at school - your brain and body could associate these spaces with trauma and it could be triggering you.

Just because things in your life feel better it does not mean that you are not allowed to suffer with your mental health and yes they are mental health issues- they are not always connected and you are allowed to feel down without having a 'reason' for it. We have to treat our mental health like our physical health - you wouldn't blame yourself for catching a cold would you.

The best things you can do, is try and get a good nights sleep, eat healthily, take regular time for yourself and practice lots of self-care.

You are allowed to feel down sometimes :)

Remi

Remi,

Thank you so much, this is what I needed to hear. Im going to try and care for myself a bit more now and try and get on the road to recovery. It'll take time but will make things even better.

Thanks again for the advice!�

anon1312