Scared to love

SpnWinchester    

I'm scared to be with someone I love. I can't tell my family that I'm bisexual because they are all incredibly homophobic. My parents have made comments about how they would never be able to accept anyone who was gay in their house. I'm never going to be able to come out to them. I can't bring a girl home as anymore than a friend rather than the person I love.

Hey there SpnWinchester,

So sorry to hear you feel your parents might react badly to your sexuality. From our research, we have found that most people have at least a neutral or a positive outcome when coming out but we always say your safety is paramount and if you feel your family May react badly then it could be safer to wait until you are financially independent or you have moved out of home.

Remember that your sexuality is totally valid even if you are not out to your family. And you've come out to me which means you are out. Once you have a bit more distance from your family it will be easier to come out if you want to. I know this isn't exactly what you want to here so sending you lots of positive vibes and solidarity right now.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I told my therapist this week that I'm BI and he was really glad I had. It doesnt make home life easier but it helped to tell someone. I just wish that the people who are supposed to love me regardless would be the same.

Hey everyone!

It's really great to see how you can all relate to each other. Even though we are all different we can often feel the same way and it's so comforting to know that we aren't alone.

@SpnWinchester I'm so pleased you could share with your therapist, how does it feel to say it out loud?

-Remi

It was a relief. I've only really accepted that that is how I am since the summer. I've known for a while but just didn't want to admit it to myself let alone anyone else. It was really good that he was able to tell me that being me is okay and that there's nothing wrong with being bi. It was one of the only times I've seen my sexuality as a positive which was incredibly powerful.

Hey @SpnWinchester ,

Well your therapist is 100% right that it is completely okay for you to be bisexual and it must have been really comforting for you to hear that from someone face to face.

I hope this sparks further positive feelings about your sexuality! You've got all of our support.

-Remi