Why do I get singled out by people who don't even know me?

Kara791    

I recently just started a new school and i'm happy to say that I've made some friends. However, I always feel like people are staring at me with disgusted looks and how everyone around me is so beautiful even if i dont know them. And They keep picking on me like grabbing my jacket to get my attention and proceed to mock me. Ive never been confident about how I look. Ive always hated my face and can never find any beauty in in and that nothing I wear is good enough. Are these people singling me out because of how I look? I don't know what to do.

Hey Kara791,

Welcome to community, i'm sorry to hear firstly, that you are struggling with your confidence, but then also that you are experiencing unpleasantness from people around you.

I know I don't know you but I am sure that nobody is looking at you like you are disgusting, that is a feeling that comes from within and when you are feeling low on your confidence. Just know that none of this is your fault, none of it, they are not singling you out because of the way you look, it is because they have something going on in their lives - have a read of this article about the reasons why people bully. - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/why-do-people-bully/ to help you know that this isn't your fault. Is there anyone at the school you trust yet you could talk to about this?

Okay no lets try and getting you feeling more confident about yourself. Why do you hate your face, it makes you who you are. We are all different and unique so lets try and start seeing the beauty in you. Self love is a long journey and I know you won't change how you feel about yourself overnight but if we can start to challenge that little voice in our head that says we aren't good enough every time we hear it then over time we will stop believing it.

You are good enough Kara!

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.