...am I genderfluid?

June_Bug Β  Β 

Ok, so I never really wondered before about my gender bc I grew up w the belief I am as I was born. Recently a friend came out to me as trans and that got me thinking. I'm suddenly remembering my childhood where I could never imagine being a mother, and always saw myself as a father (I'm afb). I also remember occasionally being so disconnected from myself that I didn't always recognize my face in the mirror. And I remember connecting deeply with the Mulan song Who I am Inside ("who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me? Why is my reflection someone I don't know"). And in middle school I wanted my stage name (as a singer songwriter) to be S!R bc I like having masculine pro nouns attached to me. And through out my life I've always kind of wished that someone would misgender me and call me Mr. But like.. not all the time. I can also connect with my feminine side and be a girls girl. And there are other times (a lot of the time) where I don't really feel like either. I'm thinking I might be fluid...

Well nobody can really tell you what you are, except for yourself. But I can say that most cisgender people don't feel this way, and that genderfluid people do. What does that mean? I can't tell you. But I think you can see what I'm getting at