Skate video recommendations please

Aurora    

24 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Nice! That is something I like about skating - you can really measure your progress by starting out not having a clue how to perform a trick and slowly, bit by bit, you somehow get it and it feels great. I have limited experience in this regard, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

And yes, I know what you mean about dropping into those ramps. I've walked along the top of them and couldn't imagine dropping in without just falling head over heels.

Flex Decks are made of fibreglass, so they have a little bit of spring in them, which makes pushing and skating along quite effortless. It's also nice because you can turn nice and smoothly too.

I push off on my right foot, which is goofy, think. How about you?

Haha frrr, just looking down from the ramps gives me sweaty palms 😨😅😂 

Oh wow! That sounds amazing, I bet the fibreglass makes the board way more durable too

Aye nice one Lennie! I'm regular (i have my left forward and push with my right foot) but goofy skating (right foot forward, pushing with left) is really cool - im trying to practice pushing switch (basically skating opposite to how you usually skate) which for me is skating goofy and it feels so strange cos I'm so used to skating reg. 

If you could have any skateboard design on the deck, what type of style/design would you like?

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Haha frrr, just looking down from the ramps gives me sweaty palms 😨😅😂 

Oh wow! That sounds amazing, I bet the fibreglass makes the board way more durable too

Aye nice one Lennie! I'm regular (i have my left forward and push with my right foot) but goofy skating (right foot forward, pushing with left) is really cool - im trying to practice pushing switch (basically skating opposite to how you usually skate) which for me is skating goofy and it feels so strange cos I'm so used to skating reg. 

If you could have any skateboard design on the deck, what type of style/design would you like?

Ahh, I see. Okay, well in that case I'm regular too. Now I know - thanks!

Oh yeah, switching sides must feel so strange. It's almost like starting from scratch, isn't it. I tried playing tennis with my left hand the other day for a couple of shots... it didn't go well! That said, I'm sure if you stick at pushing switch, it will start to feel more natural and it probably opens you up to be more versatile on your board. 

Oh, good question. Well, a friend of mine once had a couple of decks with Simpson artwork on them. They looked great and I love The Simpsons, so I'd probably want one of those with Milhouse or Snake on it 😄. What about you? Do you have a favourite design you'd like on your board? 

• Yay! 1

4 hours ago, Lennie said:

Ahh, I see. Okay, well in that case I'm regular too. Now I know - thanks!

Oh yeah, switching sides must feel so strange. It's almost like starting from scratch, isn't it. I tried playing tennis with my left hand the other day for a couple of shots... it didn't go well! That said, I'm sure if you stick at pushing switch, it will start to feel more natural and it probably opens you up to be more versatile on your board. 

Oh, good question. Well, a friend of mine once had a couple of decks with Simpson artwork on them. They looked great and I love The Simpsons, so I'd probably want one of those with Milhouse or Snake on it 😄. What about you? Do you have a favourite design you'd like on your board? 

Ayeee, a fellow regular skater! 😂🥳

Yesss, so true! It feels like your skills have been reset to level 0 haha

Ooh well done Lennie, I bet it felt really bizarre and you had to recalculate where to hit and swing - well done for giving it a go! (My friend once tried to play left handed and she managed to swing her bat across the court lmao) 

Thank you smmm, I'll let you know how the switch skating goes (once the weather decides to be nice)

That's so coooool 😎😎😎🥹🥹 I wish a skate company saw this and made some for you!

Also sounds like your friend knows what's up!

Personally I'm a big fan of Amazing world of gumball and it would be so sick to have a skateboard with Darwin and gumball 

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Ayeee, a fellow regular skater! 😂🥳

Yesss, so true! It feels like your skills have been reset to level 0 haha

Ooh well done Lennie, I bet it felt really bizarre and you had to recalculate where to hit and swing - well done for giving it a go! (My friend once tried to play left handed and she managed to swing her bat across the court lmao) 

Thank you smmm, I'll let you know how the switch skating goes (once the weather decides to be nice)

That's so coooool 😎😎😎🥹🥹 I wish a skate company saw this and made some for you!

Also sounds like your friend knows what's up!

Personally I'm a big fan of Amazing world of gumball and it would be so sick to have a skateboard with Darwin and gumball 

I just had to look up Amazing World of Gumball, as that's new to me. I can see why you'd want that on your board, the animation looks really cool! 

After looking up a few skate videos for this group the other day, I'm starting to get more in my feed now. I came across this one that you might like @jazzy.sky, if you haven't already seen it. The guy is impressive - he makes everything look so smooth and effortless!

Enjoy:

• Hug 1

1 hour ago, Lennie said:

I just had to look up Amazing World of Gumball, as that's new to me. I can see why you'd want that on your board, the animation looks really cool! 

After looking up a few skate videos for this group the other day, I'm starting to get more in my feed now. I came across this one that you might like @jazzy.sky, if you haven't already seen it. The guy is impressive - he makes everything look so smooth and effortless!

Enjoy:

Ayeee thank you Lennie!!

Omggg Nyjah! He's a total skate legend, all of his tricks are extremely clean and very technical

Thanks for sharing this epic video Lennie, also sorry for messing up your reccomendations 😂😅

One of my fave skate videos of Nyjah is him just casually hitting really difficult tricks (I'll see if I can upload it here)

https://youtube.com/shorts/2qFgoSLzErA?si=n63XVTWIrEUufJTT

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Ayeee thank you Lennie!!

Omggg Nyjah! He's a total skate legend, all of his tricks are extremely clean and very technical

Thanks for sharing this epic video Lennie, also sorry for messing up your reccomendations 😂😅

One of my fave skate videos of Nyjah is him just casually hitting really difficult tricks (I'll see if I can upload it here)

https://youtube.com/shorts/2qFgoSLzErA?si=n63XVTWIrEUufJTT

You're right, he just seems to do these impressive tricks so casually. It's very impressive!

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

Got this dope bubba jacksn video in my reccomended this morning and it's really cool! Thought I'd share

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 5/31/2024 at 10:07 AM, jazzy.sky said:

Hey everyone!

Got this dope bubba jacksn video in my reccomended this morning and it's really cool! Thought I'd share

Thanks @jazzy.sky - some impressive grinds in this one. 🛹

• Like 1