Cheeky little rant about my day 👀

ProffesorSparkles    

Oh my days I'm actually so tired I can't even describe it. I'm insanely stressed at the minute. I have summer exams in a couple weeks which I should be studying for WAY MORE than I am but I just can't bring myself to study, I just get distracted so easily bc there's so much happening. I have a cookery exam worth 25% of my summer home economics exam, which is so stressful bc it's like 1 hour in a kitchen I've never cooked in before, I practised today and it sucked. I started liking a guy who is (surprise surprise) definitely straight and i have 100% no chance with, so that's taking up way too much space in my mind. So all that plus regular school work and friend group drama is making me want to melt into my bed and stay there until June 😭

• Like 1

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

"Thank you for being so supportive"

jazzy.sky was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 25 points.

1 hour ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Oh my days I'm actually so tired I can't even describe it. I'm insanely stressed at the minute. I have summer exams in a couple weeks which I should be studying for WAY MORE than I am but I just can't bring myself to study, I just get distracted so easily bc there's so much happening. I have a cookery exam worth 25% of my summer home economics exam, which is so stressful bc it's like 1 hour in a kitchen I've never cooked in before, I practised today and it sucked. I started liking a guy who is (surprise surprise) definitely straight and i have 100% no chance with, so that's taking up way too much space in my mind. So all that plus regular school work and friend group drama is making me want to melt into my bed and stay there until June 😭

Hey Tom! Just want to say that I'm really proud of you for pushing though even though your are finding life stressful rn 🫂 

I can completely relate and feel the pain of not feeling up to revising as much as necessary and the only tip I have that has worked so far is visualising yourself doing well and making revision fun for you so it becomes less of a chore and more of a past time 🥳 

Also good luck for all of your summer exams and the cookery exam! You have got this and once it's done you will feel so elated not having to redo it ♥️ 

Awww man, falling for straight people is always the worst feeling, are you absolutely positive he is straight and not bi? But if u are certain, getting over those feelings is hard but trust me, it will happen eventually. 

In the meantime try to focus on the cookery exam and summer exams to distract yourself from you crush and the drama in the friend group :D 

But gosh, sounds like your life atm is full to the brim with lots of things, I cant imagine how that must feel. Keep us all updated on your exams and crush/friend group stuff :)

• Like 1

Hey Tom! My message needs to be moderated but hopefully u get to see it soon!

I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this already @jazzy.sky! Been a busy few days

On 5/1/2024 at 10:30 PM, jazzy.sky said:

I can completely relate and feel the pain of not feeling up to revising as much as necessary and the only tip I have that has worked so far is visualising yourself doing well and making revision fun for you so it becomes less of a chore and more of a past time 🥳 

Yeah, it's just I've never had problems studying in the past, and I've been really struggling to concentrate whenever I sit down and study these days. I'm starting to worry as my exams star in just under 3 weeks

Also good luck for all of your summer exams and the cookery exam! You have got this and once it's done you will feel so elated not having to redo it ♥️

Ty for the well wishes! I practised the other day, and unfortunately I spent so long cooking I didn't want to eat it by the end 😭

Awww man, falling for straight people is always the worst feeling, are you absolutely positive he is straight and not bi? But if u are certain, getting over those feelings is hard but trust me, it will happen eventually. 

Falling for straight people is the worst, your right 😭 I mean i can't be 100 percent sure that he's not bi or something, but I'm pretty sure. It doesn't help maters that he's my friend's ex. Although my friend, (well call her E) has been the person I have spoken to the most about him. It just sucks because I'm not really close enough to him to hang out outside of school, but I talk with him every day at the bus stop and at lunch. I'm glad it's summer soon, because I won't see him for some months which will give me a chance to get over him but at the same time I want to see him every day of summer. Its also just really strange, new feeling for me bc I've never felt like this abt sm1 before and the main thought running through my head is just I really don't need this going on right now 😭 and of course me and E keep noticing whenever he glances at me for more than a single second. I'm actually starting to become delusional 💀

22 minutes ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this already @jazzy.sky! Been a busy few days

Yeah, it's just I've never had problems studying in the past, and I've been really struggling to concentrate whenever I sit down and study these days. I'm starting to worry as my exams star in just under 3 weeks

Ty for the well wishes! I practised the other day, and unfortunately I spent so long cooking I didn't want to eat it by the end 😭

Falling for straight people is the worst, your right 😭 I mean i can't be 100 percent sure that he's not bi or something, but I'm pretty sure. It doesn't help maters that he's my friend's ex. Although my friend, (well call her E) has been the person I have spoken to the most about him. It just sucks because I'm not really close enough to him to hang out outside of school, but I talk with him every day at the bus stop and at lunch. I'm glad it's summer soon, because I won't see him for some months which will give me a chance to get over him but at the same time I want to see him every day of summer. Its also just really strange, new feeling for me bc I've never felt like this abt sm1 before and the main thought running through my head is just I really don't need this going on right now 😭 and of course me and E keep noticing whenever he glances at me for more than a single second. I'm actually starting to become delusional 💀

Awwww don't worry @ProffesorSparkles!! I can imagine how busy things have been,  always happy to hear from you! ❤️ 

Have you tried any relaxation techniques to help you destress? You can try breathing exercises, listening to lofi or doing hobbies you enjoy to take your mind off of the exams for a bit - this could be helpful

I find having my fidget toys really helps me lock in and study when I'm restless and anxious or when I'm a bit hyper and need physical stimulation but have to do work - could this maybe work for you?

Awww nooo 😭😭 what did you cook? Also I hope you saved it and ate it later (or gave it to someone to eat)

Ahhh I can safely say that I've been there before.  You want to get closer but at the same time you want to just get over him so you don't get yourself hurt in the process - this feeling does suck tbh and I salute you for going through this 

You could try to get to know him better, maybe just sit with him at break and get to know him. You never know, by getting to know him you might find out if you have a shot or not or if actually he's not how you thought he was and certain things about him arent quite your cup of tea (which might help  you get over your crush but by bit)

If you do find out he isn't bi and need to get over him fast, maybe E can give you some pointers of things that he did that were a bit of an ick and see if that makes you lose interest? 

But yeah thanks for the updates Tom! Do keep us posted on any other things that happen!! 🫂 

22 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Have you tried any relaxation techniques to help you destress? You can try breathing exercises, listening to lofi or doing hobbies you enjoy to take your mind off of the exams for a bit - this could be helpful

Lofi used to help me focus but it doesn't anymore :/

I'll try the breathing exercises tho 

Awww nooo 😭😭 what did you cook? Also I hope you saved it and ate it later (or gave it to someone to eat)

I cooked spaghetti bolognese and I ended up just giving it to my parents

Ahhh I can safely say that I've been there before.  You want to get closer but at the same time you want to just get over him so you don't get yourself hurt in the process - this feeling does suck tbh and I salute you for going through this 

Yeah and it doesn't help that I get feelings for him just when school is nearly over lmao

23 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

You could try to get to know him better, maybe just sit with him at break and get to know him. You never know, by getting to know him you might find out if you have a shot or not or if actually he's not how you thought he was and certain things about him arent quite your cup of tea (which might help  you get over your crush but by bit)

That's a good idea but Idk how too 😭I'm not rlly good at social stuff w new people, and I just get rlly nervous around him, like butterflies, and idk what to do. The main times I get to talk to him at lunch is when his friends aren't around, which isn't often, so I usually just get to chat briefly while we're waiting for the bus. (Little delusional mini-rant here: the other day we were at the bus stop and I went to put smth in the bin and I ended up chatting to my friend and so I was gone for a few mins, and when I came back he came over and was like "bro where did you go you literally disappeared haha" and idek why it made me so happy I was like omg HE came to ME. Like he could've gone and spoken to sm1 else but he came over to me. I'm giving myself false hope 💀)

But yeah thanks for the updates Tom! Do keep us posted on any other things that happen!! 🫂

Will do! Thanks jazzy 🫂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Lofi used to help me focus but it doesn't anymore :/

I'll try the breathing exercises tho 

I cooked spaghetti bolognese and I ended up just giving it to my parents

Yeah and it doesn't help that I get feelings for him just when school is nearly over lmao

That's a good idea but Idk how too 😭I'm not rlly good at social stuff w new people, and I just get rlly nervous around him, like butterflies, and idk what to do. The main times I get to talk to him at lunch is when his friends aren't around, which isn't often, so I usually just get to chat briefly while we're waiting for the bus. (Little delusional mini-rant here: the other day we were at the bus stop and I went to put smth in the bin and I ended up chatting to my friend and so I was gone for a few mins, and when I came back he came over and was like "bro where did you go you literally disappeared haha" and idek why it made me so happy I was like omg HE came to ME. Like he could've gone and spoken to sm1 else but he came over to me. I'm giving myself false hope 💀)

Will do! Thanks jazzy 🫂

Awww sorry to hear about that @ProffesorSparkles - could/does the pomodoro technique help you? (basically you work 25 mins and take a break for 5 minutes)

Something i used to do to when i had no motivation was to set a 5 min timer and get started on work and do as much as i could in those 5 minutes. Once the time was up, if i wanted to carry on, i would. and if my motivation was still really bad, I would stop but at least i made a start which i found was the hardest thing for me

maybe this could work for you too?

Yummmm, i bet it tasted absolutely amazing and your parents felt so lucky to have such a delicious dish!

Awww yeah, butterflies always make it harder. I guess you could start by getting his number - if you have it already thats great! (if you dont and are are too shy to ask directly, casually slip the question by saying something like, im gonna send you this meme/song/video/gif - oh wait, just realised i dont have your number)

And once you have each others number you can text him stuff that you werent able to say to his face cos of the butterflies - getting to know him, what he likes and stuff about his day and he can get to know you better too!

Aww omg thats so sweet - i really hope that things go well for you both, and even if you guys dont get together, i really hope you become great friends <3

Sending huge hugs Tom! Always love hearing what you get up to!! 🫂

Awww sorry to hear about that @ProffesorSparkles - could/does the pomodoro technique help you? (basically you work 25 mins and take a break for 5 minutes)

Something i used to do to when i had no motivation was to set a 5 min timer and get started on work and do as much as i could in those 5 minutes. Once the time was up, if i wanted to carry on, i would. and if my motivation was still really bad, I would stop but at least i made a start which i found was the hardest thing for me

maybe this could work for you too?

Yummmm, i bet it tasted absolutely amazing and your parents felt so lucky to have such a delicious dish!

Awww yeah, butterflies always make it harder. I guess you could start by getting his number - if you have it already thats great! (if you dont and are are too shy to ask directly, casually slip the question by saying something like, im gonna send you this meme/song/video/gif - oh wait, just realised i dont have your number)

And once you have each others number you can text him stuff that you werent able to say to his face cos of the butterflies - getting to know him, what he likes and stuff about his day and he can get to know you better too!

Aww omg thats so sweet - i really hope that things go well for you both, and even if you guys dont get together, i really hope you become great friends <3

Sending huge hugs Tom! Always love hearing what you get up to!! 🫂

I've actually always used the pomodoro technique! Today I tried with 15 minutes study, 2.5 min break and it was a lot easier 🙃

The 5 min timer sounds like a good idea! I'll try it out next time I've got no motivation

I actually practised the spaghetti again today and it wasn't that bad, the exam is on Wednesday so fingers crossed haha

What's actually mad is I already have his number, I have had it for the entire year actually, but I'm absolutely terrified to text him bc idek what I'd say, or how to justify texting him or anything. Its all very scary lmao. I'm meeting up with E tomorrow though so I'll get a rant in and get her advice :)

yeah I was absolutely buzzing for the rest of the day he came over to talk to me!

thanks so much for letting me chat with you jazzy, I really do appreciate it, not all my friend's care so much, and I don't feel like I can talk about soke stuff with them. I'm super grateful your here 🫂 How are you though? I hope your doing well, let me know how you've been lately! Always lovely talking to you :)

• Hug 1

10 minutes ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

I've actually always used the pomodoro technique! Today I tried with 15 minutes study, 2.5 min break and it was a lot easier 🙃

The 5 min timer sounds like a good idea! I'll try it out next time I've got no motivation

I actually practised the spaghetti again today and it wasn't that bad, the exam is on Wednesday so fingers crossed haha

What's actually mad is I already have his number, I have had it for the entire year actually, but I'm absolutely terrified to text him bc idek what I'd say, or how to justify texting him or anything. Its all very scary lmao. I'm meeting up with E tomorrow though so I'll get a rant in and get her advice :)

yeah I was absolutely buzzing for the rest of the day he came over to talk to me!

thanks so much for letting me chat with you jazzy, I really do appreciate it, not all my friend's care so much, and I don't feel like I can talk about soke stuff with them. I'm super grateful your here 🫂 How are you though? I hope your doing well, let me know how you've been lately! Always lovely talking to you :)

Ayeee well done Tom 👏 so glad you found something that works well for you! (I might go ahead and give that a go too!)

Oooh yay, im certain it tasted super yum!

I'll be praying for you 🙏🏼 I'm sure your exam will go really well, just stay positive and calm and try your best because that's the best you can do! I also have an exam on Wednesday so you won't be alone, you got this!!

Whatttt no wayyy! Awww don't be scared Tom, I'm sure he will be thrilled to text u.  You are such a lovely and funny person that you don't even need to worry 

Just be yourself ❤️ if u don't know what to say,  text him a heyy and send him a picture of the clouds or something nice and say you thought of him (this gives u a reason to text ig haha - has always worked for me tho so could work for u too?)

Ayeee hopefully E has some great advice and can help you get to know him better :D

awwww that's so sweet Tom, you always make my day ❤️ thank you smmm

I'm so glad to be able to be here for you and hear all the awesome things you get up to!!! Im grateful to have a friend like you cos just like you, I dont have many friends to talk to about stuff like this either so it's really cool to be able to with you! Sending hugsss 🫂 

I'm doing all good thank you! Had an awesome day today cos i skated for 3 hours straight which to me is the best therapy ever

I love talking to you too! :D i really hope you have an awesome day tomorrow and again, I'll be praying for your exam on Wednesday 

thanks for the updates, hopefully there will be many more to come 😊 

10 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Ayeee well done Tom 👏 so glad you found something that works well for you! (I might go ahead and give that a go too!)

Oooh yay, im certain it tasted super yum!

I'll be praying for you 🙏🏼 I'm sure your exam will go really well, just stay positive and calm and try your best because that's the best you can do! I also have an exam on Wednesday so you won't be alone, you got this!!

Whatttt no wayyy! Awww don't be scared Tom, I'm sure he will be thrilled to text u.  You are such a lovely and funny person that you don't even need to worry 

Just be yourself ❤️ if u don't know what to say,  text him a heyy and send him a picture of the clouds or something nice and say you thought of him (this gives u a reason to text ig haha - has always worked for me tho so could work for u too?)

Ayeee hopefully E has some great advice and can help you get to know him better :D

awwww that's so sweet Tom, you always make my day ❤️ thank you smmm

I'm so glad to be able to be here for you and hear all the awesome things you get up to!!! Im grateful to have a friend like you cos just like you, I dont have many friends to talk to about stuff like this either so it's really cool to be able to with you! Sending hugsss 🫂 

I'm doing all good thank you! Had an awesome day today cos i skated for 3 hours straight which to me is the best therapy ever

I love talking to you too! :D i really hope you have an awesome day tomorrow and again, I'll be praying for your exam on Wednesday 

thanks for the updates, hopefully there will be many more to come 😊 

Yeah I'm really glad the mini pomodoro worked since it's been so hard to concentrate lately :/

Yeah it was actually tastier than i thought it would be!

omg what a coincidence you have an exam Wednesday too! Tysm for the well wishes and best of luck in your exams too!

Ik. The amount of times I've stared at his number going "should I text him?" Is madness. I just dk if I'm close enough to text him or smth. I'm hoping to get like hw off of him or smth? If not I'll try what you said. Maybe watching a show he suggested or something.

Yes I'm so happy you enjoy chatting with me too 🫂

Omg that sounds so fun! How long have you been skateboarding for? It's great when something can be so therapeutic like that :) I've never really tried skateboarding other than with my friend, trying not to fall over while going around his neighbourhood lol

I'm gonna have great fun later! Hope you have a great day and good luck for your exams on Wednesday too 🙏🫂

• Hug 1

Hey jazzy I just replied but it has to be approved :)

• Hug 1

2 minutes ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Hey jazzy I just replied but it has to be approved :)

Aww no worries Tom! :D 🫂 

7 hours ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Yeah I'm really glad the mini pomodoro worked since it's been so hard to concentrate lately :/

Yeah it was actually tastier than i thought it would be!

omg what a coincidence you have an exam Wednesday too! Tysm for the well wishes and best of luck in your exams too!

Ik. The amount of times I've stared at his number going "should I text him?" Is madness. I just dk if I'm close enough to text him or smth. I'm hoping to get like hw off of him or smth? If not I'll try what you said. Maybe watching a show he suggested or something.

Yes I'm so happy you enjoy chatting with me too 🫂

Omg that sounds so fun! How long have you been skateboarding for? It's great when something can be so therapeutic like that :) I've never really tried skateboarding other than with my friend, trying not to fall over while going around his neighbourhood lol

I'm gonna have great fun later! Hope you have a great day and good luck for your exams on Wednesday too 🙏🫂

Awww yayy, guess we got a legendary chef in the making!

Haha frrr, i guess our teachers felt like Wednesday just hit the spot for an exam 😅😂 thank you sm Tom!! We both can do it and good luck again! <3

Awww, that feeling is all too relatable. Honestly I think you guys are close enough and even just kicking off the texting with a heyyy will make him feel happy 😊  Oooh yesss, if you mention something he suggested that will show that you are attentive to detail which is really sweet and true to your kind nature

Awww 🫂 

Ayeee thank you sm!! I have been skating for almost the past last 2 years now, I would skate on and off when I was 5 and again when I was 11 but only until 2022 where I picked it up again properly and jts just been one of the best things I have in my life

That's so niceee, how was it when you tried with your friend? Hope it was a fun experience for you!

Ayeee love that, I hope you have an awesome day (by the sounds of it, it will be!!) Thank you sm Tom, you will ace this exam!!!

1 hour ago, jazzy.sky said:

Haha frrr, i guess our teachers felt like Wednesday just hit the spot for an exam 😅😂 thank you sm Tom!! We both can do it and good luck again! <3

Yeah! We can do it totally

Awww, that feeling is all too relatable. Honestly I think you guys are close enough and even just kicking off the texting with a heyyy will make him feel happy 😊  Oooh yesss, if you mention something he suggested that will show that you are attentive to detail which is really sweet and true to your kind nature

Aww thanks. Yeah he's probably less likely to hate me or something but I'm overthinking it so much 😫 I'm gonna try see if he mentions a show in the future, and then initiate conversation that way, yeah.

Ayeee thank you sm!! I have been skating for almost the past last 2 years now, I would skate on and off when I was 5 and again when I was 11 but only until 2022 where I picked it up again properly and jts just been one of the best things I have in my life

That's so cool! It's such a great hobby aswell. Yeah I can definitely relate to doing stuff on an off then actually realising how enjoyable it is. So glad it's been so great for you 🫂

That's so niceee, how was it when you tried with your friend? Hope it was a fun experience for you!

It was pretty fun! Fell down a few times but fun all the same

Ayeee love that, I hope you have an awesome day (by the sounds of it, it will be!!) Thank you sm Tom, you will ace this exam!!!

Yeah I got home a little while ago and we had great fun, it was me, 2 school friends and a friend who lives far away so I only get to see them every few months. We had great fun and E gave me some advice about my crush.

How was your day jazzy? Hope it was good :)

• Yay! 1

1 minute ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Yeah! We can do it totally

Aww thanks. Yeah he's probably less likely to hate me or something but I'm overthinking it so much 😫 I'm gonna try see if he mentions a show in the future, and then initiate conversation that way, yeah.

That's so cool! It's such a great hobby aswell. Yeah I can definitely relate to doing stuff on an off then actually realising how enjoyable it is. So glad it's been so great for you 🫂

It was pretty fun! Fell down a few times but fun all the same

Yeah I got home a little while ago and we had great fun, it was me, 2 school friends and a friend who lives far away so I only get to see them every few months. We had great fun and E gave me some advice about my crush.

How was your day jazzy? Hope it was good :)

That's so coool!!! So glad you had such an amazing time with your friends and im sure E came in clutch with awesome advice 👏 

My day was pretty good too thank youu! Just back at work trying to get more revision done

Ayeee falling down does hurt but well done for getting up again, that is the hardest part at times 🔥 

Awww no don't overthink it! You got this Tom and I'm sure that you will be able to initiate the convo however you like :D rooting for you!

• Like 1