Ways you calm down!

AshtonBeach    

Just now, AshtonBeach said:

Yw jazzy have fun with school

Will do!! Hope you do too!!

Also, regarding the post, have you tried any of the tips that have been mentioned to help you cope/calm down?

Hugss 🫂 

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

1 minute ago, jazzy.sky said:

Will do!! Hope you do too!!

Also, regarding the post, have you tried any of the tips that have been mentioned to help you cope/calm down?

Hugss 🫂 

yeah!! So many have been helping me!!!

Hugss🫂 🫂 🫂 

• Hug 1

• Digital Mentor
On 5/7/2024 at 4:38 PM, jazzy.sky said:

Hey Aurora! Awww thank you so much, that's super sweet and kind of you ❤️ made my year with that so thank you so so so much :D

I am quite fortunate as my school has supported me similar to your brother (I get 25% extra time on my exams and get to sit them in the library where its much more peaceful than the main hall) which is really nice and has made a big difference :)

Awww yess I'm so happy to have someone whos also a fan of the book! And I completely agree with how Miranda's view is quite interesting, you sit on the fence because she and Auggie are close which is nice but then when she lied to the girls in summer camp about Auggie being her brother that makes you like her less, and she gets distant from Via but then you realise she wanted to escape her reality with her divorced parents and alcoholic mum. Quite the rollercoaster if i do say so myself 😅

And yesss Via being super protective and caring for Auggie but can't seem to catch a break and have a day with her mum - the Halloween scene is so upsetting both for Auggie but more so for Via as it was her one chance to spend the day with her mum :(

ooooh that's so cool! I had no idea about that extra chapter will try check out the newer edition to see what Julian has to say for himself 😂

Oooh I will hopefully find that when I go to my library soon, that sounds really fun! Thank you @Aurora! :D

Aww, you're so welcome ❤️ We're super lucky to you here at Ditch the Label! 

That's great that your school is also offering support. Great that you get to sit them in the library, too. I don't think my brother was ever offered that. I can imagine that must make a big difference. It sounds like you've got some exams coming up at the moment. Is that right? How is it going? 

I totally agree - the Halloween scene is really upsetting for different reasons. And like you said, at first we don't realise what a big impact it has on Via, too who was really looking forward to spending the day with her mum. It feels like she never gets to experience being put first. That's why it's so lovely that she gets to perform during the play and ends up being one of the star performers 🌟

I'm also keen to find out what Julian has to say for himself!!  

Let me know if you get a chance to read the Adam Kay book, It's a fun read and really interesting at the same time, I thought :-) 

Are there any books you would recommend? 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 5/7/2024 at 5:45 PM, AshtonBeach said:

yeah!! So many have been helping me!!!

Hugss🫂 🫂 🫂 

That's great to hear 😃! Which ones have you found most helpful (if you don't mind me asking)?

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Aww, you're so welcome ❤️ We're super lucky to you here at Ditch the Label! 

That's great that your school is also offering support. Great that you get to sit them in the library, too. I don't think my brother was ever offered that. I can imagine that must make a big difference. It sounds like you've got some exams coming up at the moment. Is that right? How is it going? 

I totally agree - the Halloween scene is really upsetting for different reasons. And like you said, at first we don't realise what a big impact it has on Via, too who was really looking forward to spending the day with her mum. It feels like she never gets to experience being put first. That's why it's so lovely that she gets to perform during the play and ends up being one of the star performers 🌟

I'm also keen to find out what Julian has to say for himself!!  

Let me know if you get a chance to read the Adam Kay book, It's a fun read and really interesting at the same time, I thought :-) 

Are there any books you would recommend? 

That's so sweet of you thank you Aurora ❤️ DTL is lucky to have you too!!

Awww, sorry to hear about that, do you think if he had the chance to sit his exams in the library he would've benefitted from that?

Sadly yes, I have some big exams coming up (had a mock exam yesterday which was eh) but my first real A level exam is on the 4th of June 

Yessss, the scene of the school theatre production was so nice and I dont know if this is what actually happens but i feel like Miranda gave up her moment to be the lead to let Via have a chance to shine

Oooh yes, I will do! Hopefully during the weekend I get to go to the library cos I havent been able to go in ages!! Thank you again for the awesome book suggestion :D

I do have a couple books I loved when I was younger, The Explorer and Roof toppers (both books by the same author) are really interesting

I'll let you know if I get to go to the library and check that book out (and also if any other books I liked spring to mind!)

🫂 

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

That's so sweet of you thank you Aurora ❤️ DTL is lucky to have you too!!

Awww, sorry to hear about that, do you think if he had the chance to sit his exams in the library he would've benefitted from that?

Sadly yes, I have some big exams coming up (had a mock exam yesterday which was eh) but my first real A level exam is on the 4th of June 

Yessss, the scene of the school theatre production was so nice and I dont know if this is what actually happens but i feel like Miranda gave up her moment to be the lead to let Via have a chance to shine

Oooh yes, I will do! Hopefully during the weekend I get to go to the library cos I havent been able to go in ages!! Thank you again for the awesome book suggestion :D

I do have a couple books I loved when I was younger, The Explorer and Roof toppers (both books by the same author) are really interesting

I'll let you know if I get to go to the library and check that book out (and also if any other books I liked spring to mind!)

🫂 

Aww, you're just too kind @jazzy.sky ❤️

It might have helped him but I think just alone getting extra time during exams made a huge difference for him. Wishing you lots and lots of luck for your big exams 🍀 You can do this - I know you can 💪 Don't worry if the mock exam was eh, that's what they are there for. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly on the day.

I'll check out the two books you suggested. Also if you want, you could see if your library offers audiobooks. My library gives us access to this App, where I can download audiobooks onto my phone. They expire after three weeks (but there is an option to renew them). It's called BorrowBox and it's free through my library access!!

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Aww, you're just too kind @jazzy.sky ❤️

It might have helped him but I think just alone getting extra time during exams made a huge difference for him. Wishing you lots and lots of luck for your big exams 🍀 You can do this - I know you can 💪 Don't worry if the mock exam was eh, that's what they are there for. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly on the day.

I'll check out the two books you suggested. Also if you want, you could see if your library offers audiobooks. My library gives us access to this App, where I can download audiobooks onto my phone. They expire after three weeks (but there is an option to renew them). It's called BorrowBox and it's free through my library access!!

🤗 thank you sm Aurora!! 💓 

Awww thank you for the good luck (I'm sure it will come in handy!) Really do appreciate the support 😊 

Oooh yes ive heard of Borrowbox! (I tried to access it before but it kept crashing so I'll try again and see if the bug has been patched!!) 

They have audiobooks? That's soo cooool

But thank you again Aurora for all the awesome tips, I'll keep u updated on the adventures and shenanigans ❤️ 

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
On 5/10/2024 at 1:40 PM, jazzy.sky said:

🤗 thank you sm Aurora!! 💓 

Awww thank you for the good luck (I'm sure it will come in handy!) Really do appreciate the support 😊 

Oooh yes ive heard of Borrowbox! (I tried to access it before but it kept crashing so I'll try again and see if the bug has been patched!!) 

They have audiobooks? That's soo cooool

But thank you again Aurora for all the awesome tips, I'll keep u updated on the adventures and shenanigans ❤️ 

Yes, they have loads of audiobooks and really good ones, too. Hope it works next time you try and access it. 

Yes please, do keep me updated 😃🤗

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Aurora said:

Yes, they have loads of audiobooks and really good ones, too. Hope it works next time you try and access it. 

Yes please, do keep me updated 😃🤗

Awesome stuff! Thank you sm Aurora 💓 💗 you're so sweet 😊 

I'm hoping to FINALLY go to the library and check out the Adam Kay book you reccomended

Honestly everytime I tell myself to, i keep forgetting 🤦 fingers crossed I can go over the weekend (or as soon as possible haha)

So random but I thought of another thing related the post and wondered if it could be helpful to others but basically what I do to calm myself down sometimes is to hug or squeeze something - gets frustration or sadness out in a healthier way (and bonus points if you hug something soft and fluffy like a plushie) 

I have this super soft plush of sleeping Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) and its the perfect size for hugs and honestly he's so cute that I just forget all my worries and overwhelming emotions and its a bit like having a pet and you just get calm really quickly

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 5/14/2024 at 10:52 PM, jazzy.sky said:

Awesome stuff! Thank you sm Aurora 💓 💗 you're so sweet 😊 

I'm hoping to FINALLY go to the library and check out the Adam Kay book you reccomended

Honestly everytime I tell myself to, i keep forgetting 🤦 fingers crossed I can go over the weekend (or as soon as possible haha)

So random but I thought of another thing related the post and wondered if it could be helpful to others but basically what I do to calm myself down sometimes is to hug or squeeze something - gets frustration or sadness out in a healthier way (and bonus points if you hug something soft and fluffy like a plushie) 

I have this super soft plush of sleeping Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) and its the perfect size for hugs and honestly he's so cute that I just forget all my worries and overwhelming emotions and its a bit like having a pet and you just get calm really quickly

That's really good advice. I also find fidget toys and stress balls can help, especially when feeling anxious or tense. Thank you @jazzy.sky for sharing 😊

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

That's really good advice. I also find fidget toys and stress balls can help, especially when feeling anxious or tense. Thank you @jazzy.sky for sharing 😊

Awww thank you Aurora!😊🤗💗

Yessss!!!! I sencond this figet toys are another go to, personally a huge fan of the textured tangle Jr's 

Do you have any favourite figet toys/stress balls? 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

Awww thank you Aurora!😊🤗💗

Yessss!!!! I sencond this figet toys are another go to, personally a huge fan of the textured tangle Jr's 

Do you have any favourite figet toys/stress balls? 

I know which ones you mean but I haven't tried them myself. They look good! 

I quite like those pop it fidget toys - I find them really calming. 

And I have this stress ball that looks like a brain - it was a free gift that I got years ago but it's still going strong 😊

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

I know which ones you mean but I haven't tried them myself. They look good! 

I quite like those pop it fidget toys - I find them really calming. 

And I have this stress ball that looks like a brain - it was a free gift that I got years ago but it's still going strong 😊

Ooooh, pop its look awesome (never had the honour of having one but I can imagine they are super satisfying and calming)

Hahaha love that! Squishy brain 🧠 💓 is the texture foamy/spongeyor is it more squishy with goo/liquid inside?

• Digital Mentor
On 5/17/2024 at 8:04 PM, jazzy.sky said:

Ooooh, pop its look awesome (never had the honour of having one but I can imagine they are super satisfying and calming)

Hahaha love that! Squishy brain 🧠 💓 is the texture foamy/spongeyor is it more squishy with goo/liquid inside?

It's one of those foam ones. Sadly, after my last reply I took a closer look and realised that my squishy brain isn't in good shape after all. It is stating to get little cracks and lose some of it's colour. I guess I must have been squishing it too much 😅. Might be time to look for a new one soon 😢

• Sad 1

Staff-Account.png

It's one of those foam ones. Sadly, after my last reply I took a closer look and realised that my squishy brain isn't in good shape after all. It is stating to get little cracks and lose some of it's colour. I guess I must have been squishing it too much 😅. Might be time to look for a new one soon 😢

Awww noooo 😭😭😭 poor squishy brain 🧠  it always hurts when you notice your fav toys getting broken ish :( I completely feel your pain Aurora 💔 

On a more positive note, how was your day today (any highlights?)

Also I am so embarrassed to ask, but what was the name of the Adam Kay book, I realised earlier today that he has more than one book 😅😅🤣🤣

• Digital Mentor
On 5/21/2024 at 3:49 PM, jazzy.sky said:

Awww noooo 😭😭😭 poor squishy brain 🧠  it always hurts when you notice your fav toys getting broken ish :( I completely feel your pain Aurora 💔 

On a more positive note, how was your day today (any highlights?)

Also I am so embarrassed to ask, but what was the name of the Adam Kay book, I realised earlier today that he has more than one book 😅😅🤣🤣

My highlight of today - what a great question. Thanks so much for asking . My highlight today was that when I opened my front door, our neighbours cat, who had kittens around 5 weeks ago came over for to show me all her kittens. They are super cute and I got to cuddle them all 🥰 What was your highlight? 

Also, no need to be embarrassed - I forget titles (book, film, song you name it) all the time. It's called Kay's marvellous medicine. That's the only one of his books I have read but I enjoyed it. It is aimed at younger kids (maybe 10 year olds) but that makes it easy to read and it has lots of fun, interesting and also disgusting facts in it. I'm interested to hear what you think 😃

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

My highlight of today - what a great question. Thanks so much for asking . My highlight today was that when I opened my front door, our neighbours cat, who had kittens around 5 weeks ago came over for to show me all her kittens. They are super cute and I got to cuddle them all 🥰 What was your highlight? 

Also, no need to be embarrassed - I forget titles (book, film, song you name it) all the time. It's called Kay's marvellous medicine. That's the only one of his books I have read but I enjoyed it. It is aimed at younger kids (maybe 10 year olds) but that makes it easy to read and it has lots of fun, interesting and also disgusting facts in it. I'm interested to hear what you think 😃

Omg that is the single cutest and most wholesome thing I've seen all day

Awwwww 💗💗💗💗😭😭😭 I love kittens so much, they mustve been super cute!!

My highlight was walking my freisnds home in the sunshine and talking to you!

Ooooh thank you so much Aurora for the reminder- I will keep my eye out for it next time when I go to the library or shops 🤗🫂

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Omg that is the single cutest and most wholesome thing I've seen all day

Awwwww 💗💗💗💗😭😭😭 I love kittens so much, they mustve been super cute!!

My highlight was walking my freisnds home in the sunshine and talking to you!

Ooooh thank you so much Aurora for the reminder- I will keep my eye out for it next time when I go to the library or shops 🤗🫂

They really are the cutest thing ever 🥰!! I will see if  I can take a photo and post it on here if you're interested in seeing them.

Thank you for sharing your highlight  - so lovely to hear ❤️. You're too kind 🤗 Do you have anything to look forward to this weekend? 

No worries. Do keep an eye out to see if they have it at the library. I probably wouldn't recommend buying it just in case you do find it too silly (it is a bit silly at times - lots of talk about poo lol)  as it is aimed at a younger readers.  

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

They really are the cutest thing ever 🥰!! I will see if  I can take a photo and post it on here if you're interested in seeing them.

Thank you for sharing your highlight  - so lovely to hear ❤️. You're too kind 🤗 Do you have anything to look forward to this weekend? 

No worries. Do keep an eye out to see if they have it at the library. I probably wouldn't recommend buying it just in case you do find it too silly (it is a bit silly at times - lots of talk about poo lol)  as it is aimed at a younger readers.  

Awwww, ooooh yesss, I would love to see them 💗 

Thank you so much Aurora 💓 you're so sweet!!

To be honest, apart from revision, there isn't much - however i do have some get togethers with family and friends in the books for this halfterm :)

how about yourself Aurora?

will doo!! Lol nothing quite like a bit of toilet humour 🤣 It'd so embarrassing, the other day my dad's shoe sounded like a fart and I cry laughed for a solid 5 minutes 😭🤦‍♀️😂

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Awwww, ooooh yesss, I would love to see them 💗 

Thank you so much Aurora 💓 you're so sweet!!

To be honest, apart from revision, there isn't much - however i do have some get togethers with family and friends in the books for this halfterm :)

how about yourself Aurora?

will doo!! Lol nothing quite like a bit of toilet humour 🤣 It'd so embarrassing, the other day my dad's shoe sounded like a fart and I cry laughed for a solid 5 minutes 😭🤦‍♀️😂

Haha, it's funny how fart jokes never get old 😂!!

I forgot it's half term next week. Sounds like you will have lots of revision to do 🥴 Hopefully this means you'll feel ready and prepared for your exam. Nice that you'll be seeing friends and family, too - sounds like you've got something to look forward to 😊 Do you think you'll have time to get some skateboard practice in, too? 

I'm hoping that my weekend will be pretty relaxed - it's been a really busy week and I am looking forward to not doing much 😊

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

Haha, it's funny how fart jokes never get old 😂!!

I forgot it's half term next week. Sounds like you will have lots of revision to do 🥴 Hopefully this means you'll feel ready and prepared for your exam. Nice that you'll be seeing friends and family, too - sounds like you've got something to look forward to 😊 Do you think you'll have time to get some skateboard practice in, too? 

I'm hoping that my weekend will be pretty relaxed - it's been a really busy week and I am looking forward to not doing much 😊

Frrr 😂😂 

Haha yepp, lots of revision sadly - hope you get to have a lovely week Aurora - I'm not sure if you also get halfterms but even if you don't,  I hope you get to relax as you're so hardworking 

Awww yess thank you, will definitely be excited to see my friends and family

I really would love to go skateboarding, however it all depends if the UK British weather is on my side 😂 I'll keep you updated on if I get to go

Any plant updates or hobby updates?

Oooh yesss I really hope you have an uneventful week so you can relax 😌 💗💗

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Frrr 😂😂 

Haha yepp, lots of revision sadly - hope you get to have a lovely week Aurora - I'm not sure if you also get halfterms but even if you don't,  I hope you get to relax as you're so hardworking 

Awww yess thank you, will definitely be excited to see my friends and family

I really would love to go skateboarding, however it all depends if the UK British weather is on my side 😂 I'll keep you updated on if I get to go

Any plant updates or hobby updates?

Oooh yesss I really hope you have an uneventful week so you can relax 😌 💗💗

Hi @jazzy.sky, Luie won't be online this weekend so I'm around for a little bit this morning and tomorrow morning. We don't get half term off but that's OK. We try and take time off at different times so there are always support mentors around 😊

Hope your revision goes well and I do hope you get a bit of time to skate. Let's hope the weather allows it 🙏

I do have a plant update - I have been sticking to a watering schedule (more or less) and I have also repotted one of my plants and they do seem to be doing a little better. Thanks again for the tip about having a watering schedule. I have put reminders in my phone and that seems to help a lot 😊

I hope you're having a lovely weekend and you get to have plenty of breaks from your revision. How is it going? Do you feel prepared?  

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

Hi @jazzy.sky, Luie won't be online this weekend so I'm around for a little bit this morning and tomorrow morning. We don't get half term off but that's OK. We try and take time off at different times so there are always support mentors around 😊

Hope your revision goes well and I do hope you get a bit of time to skate. Let's hope the weather allows it 🙏

I do have a plant update - I have been sticking to a watering schedule (more or less) and I have also repotted one of my plants and they do seem to be doing a little better. Thanks again for the tip about having a watering schedule. I have put reminders in my phone and that seems to help a lot 😊

I hope you're having a lovely weekend and you get to have plenty of breaks from your revision. How is it going? Do you feel prepared?  

Hey awesome Aurora!

Awww, you all deserve a week off too!! But I am glad to hear that there are mechanisms put in place so you don't burn yourself out working hard on the platform 💗🤗

Thank you so much for your kind wishes!! Did some more maths revision today (doing some as we speak) as maths has always been something I've struggled with.

As for skating, I really wanted to go this morning (the weather was gorgeous and I was hyped) but I have somehow managed to really hurt my calves (may have pulled them trying to reach for something high up) and so walking is really painful 😂😭 so sadly I may have to rest up for a bit before getting back on the board

Oooh love that plant update! Well done for being so consistent, that's super awesome (maintaining a routine is always difficult but it sounds like you're a pro!) 😊😊

Thank you so much, you're the sweetest! Revision is going ok (just a lot to do in not so much time) how is your weekend going Aurora? Hope you're having a lovely lie in and last weekend to chill 😎 

Also I finally have an update!! I managed to remember my borrow box account login stuff and I downloaded an audiobook and they are amazinggg!! Thank you so much for reccomending them to me - makes enjoying books so accessible

I looked up see if they have Kays Marvellous medicine on there but they didn't sadly - however they do have Kays Anatomy so I will have a peep at that (hopefully I can find the Marvellous medicine though as it sounds super interesting!)

Sending hugs 🫂 

• Digital Mentor

Hey awesome Aurora!

Awww, you all deserve a week off too!! But I am glad to hear that there are mechanisms put in place so you don't burn yourself out working hard on the platform 💗🤗

Thank you so much for your kind wishes!! Did some more maths revision today (doing some as we speak) as maths has always been something I've struggled with.

As for skating, I really wanted to go this morning (the weather was gorgeous and I was hyped) but I have somehow managed to really hurt my calves (may have pulled them trying to reach for something high up) and so walking is really painful 😂😭 so sadly I may have to rest up for a bit before getting back on the board

Oooh love that plant update! Well done for being so consistent, that's super awesome (maintaining a routine is always difficult but it sounds like you're a pro!) 😊😊

Thank you so much, you're the sweetest! Revision is going ok (just a lot to do in not so much time) how is your weekend going Aurora? Hope you're having a lovely lie in and last weekend to chill 😎 

Also I finally have an update!! I managed to remember my borrow box account login stuff and I downloaded an audiobook and they are amazinggg!! Thank you so much for reccomending them to me - makes enjoying books so accessible

I looked up see if they have Kays Marvellous medicine on there but they didn't sadly - however they do have Kays Anatomy so I will have a peep at that (hopefully I can find the Marvellous medicine though as it sounds super interesting!)

Sending hugs 🫂 

Hi @jazzy.sky this is going to be a very quick reply I'm afraid as I have to log off very soon but I just wanted to say thank you so much for your lovely message. You 're such a caring and supportive person and it's always lovely to hear from you ❤️

Great news that you've remembered how to log back into borrow box and that you managed to get an audio book out. I think they have a good selection and it's great that it's all for free 😊

Let me know what you think of Kays Anatomy. I would imagine the writing style is probably similar.

Glad to hear your revision is going ok. I'll be back online on Tuesday and I'll check in with you then to see how you are holding up. I know exam times can be really stressful.  Keep going - you've got this 💪

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

41 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @jazzy.sky this is going to be a very quick reply I'm afraid as I have to log off very soon but I just wanted to say thank you so much for your lovely message. You 're such a caring and supportive person and it's always lovely to hear from you ❤️

Great news that you've remembered how to log back into borrow box and that you managed to get an audio book out. I think they have a good selection and it's great that it's all for free 😊

Let me know what you think of Kays Anatomy. I would imagine the writing style is probably similar.

Glad to hear your revision is going ok. I'll be back online on Tuesday and I'll check in with you then to see how you are holding up. I know exam times can be really stressful.  Keep going - you've got this 💪

Awww no worries Aurora, I'm always glad to hear from you 💗

Awww you're so sweet, thank you so much!!

Thank you again for suggesting the audiobooks, honestly life changing!

I've made it to chapter 2 of Kays Anatomy and it's really funny, love the drawings and theres plenty of funny facts and toilet humour which is a win 🏆 😂

Thank youuu, will do!

i hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and hopefully come Tuesday,  I have more skating and book updates and things

Sending hugs 🫂