Confused about sexuality

Username247    

Im a guy, and up until recently ive thought i was straight. But now im not sure. Ive found myself thinking about the same sex in a relationship type situation, more than ive been thinking about the opposite sex. Im not sure if im bi, homosexual, or what. Im still trying to explore what i like, im just quite confused. My friends have asked me about my sexuality before, but i didnt know how to respond, so i just switched the topic. I think i like the same sex, but i dont know if its just a phase or if im really attracted to other guys.

Hey Username 247,

It is totally normal for girls to think about girls in a sexual way and boys to think about boys in a sexual way - especially during adolescence - some people realise they prefer people of the opposite sex. I think you should carry on trying to explore what you like. Honestly, there is no rush to put a label on all of this - give yourself time to explore what you really want. You are the most important person in this situation.

Do you feel ready to talk to your friends about it yet, as they have already tried to start the conversation with you? It may be worth just picking one friend you really trust and sharing with them? If you aren't ready yet though no problem. Do you currently have a crush on someone? What makes you like them? :)

-Remi

Edited by Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.