Whats something you struggle with?

JustAPerson169    

I'm new here and I want to find some people to relate to soooo what kind of things do yall struggle with?

22 hours ago, JustAPerson169 said:

I'm new here and I want to find some people to relate to soooo what kind of things do yall struggle with?

Hi there, saw on your profile you go by Molly. Hi Molly it’s lovely to meet you. I tend to struggle with intense emotions, I sometimes feel like things are not worth living for but in reality, life gets better at the end of the tunnel. Pain doesn’t last forever, I always say to myself, I’ve come this far why let the demons win! I can speak from experience that, no matter what you’re experiencing, life does get better and that no matter what you’re going through won’t last forever, and that you can experience a painful experience of life. Sending so much love to you Molly 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JustAPerson169 said:

My parents they always want me to be someone im not and when i am what they want they keep canging there mind. Sorry if theat made no sence.

Edited by Shoemaker

1 minute ago, Shoemaker said:

My parents they always want me to be someone im not and when i am what they want they keep canging there mind. Sorry if theat made no sence.

Hi there, sorry to hear that your parents want you to be someone that you’re not. How does that make you feel when they expect you to be someone/ act like someone you are not? I unfortunately can’t relate, but I know that you have the right to be yourself. I understand when it’s your parents you expect yourself to do / act like what they say, but you really don’t. You are allowed to be yourself, act in a way you want to, have you spoken to anybody like a close relative that isn’t your parents? A close friend? You’re not alone, you can reach out to the amazing @Digital Mentor if you want to discuss this further with someone who understands more than me, always here for you ❤️

3 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Hi there, sorry to hear that your parents want you to be someone that you’re not. How does that make you feel when they expect you to be someone/ act like someone you are not? I unfortunately can’t relate, but I know that you have the right to be yourself. I understand when it’s your parents you expect yourself to do / act like what they say, but you really don’t. You are allowed to be yourself, act in a way you want to, have you spoken to anybody like a close relative that isn’t your parents? A close friend? You’re not alone, you can reach out to the amazing @Digital Mentor if you want to discuss this further with someone who understands more than me, always here for you ❤️

thank you

Checking In I Love You GIF by Seize the Awkward

• Digital Mentor
On 3/21/2024 at 6:03 PM, JustAPerson169 said:

Heyy @JustAPerson169,  I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you. 

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 3/22/2024 at 5:30 PM, Shoemaker said:

Hi @Shoemaker, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I totally get where you're coming from. It sounds like you're dealing with a lot of pressure from your parents to fit into a certain mold, and it can be incredibly frustrating when you feel like you're constantly trying to meet their expectations, only for them to change the goalposts on you. That can be really confusing and disheartening. Can you tell me a bit more about what specifically they're asking of you that feels like it's not in line with who you are?

It's important to know that you're not alone in feeling this way. Many people go through similar struggles with their parents. It can be tough when the people who are supposed to support you seem to have conflicting or ever-changing expectations. Also, I was wondering how have you been coping with this situation? 

If you ever feel like you need some one-on-one support you can message us on the 'confidential support' tab at the top of the page. 

Staff-Account.png