This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

i feel super ugly

swiftie_am_i? Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.

i recently fought with my friends and they said some pretty icky things to me, including saying how fat i was and how i am rlly ugly.Β 

i've struggled with acne since 3rd grade and it's always been an insecurity of mine. i wash my face and it helps but...

i also have gained maybe 5-6 pounds over the past 6 months and i feel super insecure about that. i'm feeling super grossed out by what i see in the mirror and i only like how i look when i wear makeup. i'm a cisgender girl but i feel rly masculine smtimes and it makes me sick, sometimes i feel great abt looking gender neutral and sometimes i feel like i wanna be super fem.Β 

• Like 1

Duckie
This post was recognized by Duckie!

"Thank you for looking out for swiftie <3"

June_Bug was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

I'm sorry. That's awful for them to say. Maybe you are over weight, maybe not, but even if you are it doesn't mean you're not beautiful. My mom is very over weight, but she's so lovely in my eyes. The same goes for acne. For example, there are some guys I know who have horrible acne, but I still find them very attractive.

Some things that can help you feel more confident:

Stand up straight. Sounds silly, but it really works.

When you look in the mirror, specifically say something like "daaang. Looking goood!!" Even if you don't believe it, it can make an impact.

Β 

And in the end, your beauty does not decide your worth. You slay sister πŸ’ͺπŸ’ž

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor

Hi @swiftie_am_i?,

I am so sorry your friends said this to you. I understand that you were arguing and all, but there are some things you just don't say to people. I know you wouldn't dream of mentioning their flaws against them just because you were angry with them, because you know that's not right.

You are beautiful inside and out and we all have our flaws that we will later learn to love. And achne goes away. My husband had it and you really can't tell today. And washing your face has nothing to do with it, as it is essentially a skin condition rather than because of something you've done or not done. If it would be helpful for you, you might like to book an appointment with a dermatologist to get some advice. But please don't let your mean friends get to you. You are so kind and caring and I wish everyone had a friend like you ❀️

Staff-Account.png

thank you, i wanna let everyone know i feel so supported here!

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
30 minutes ago, swiftie_am_i? said:

thank you, i wanna let everyone know i feel so supported here!

I'm happy to hear that hon. You deserve to feel supported and loved ❀️

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

On 2/27/2024 at 8:09 PM, swiftie_am_i? said:

i recently fought with my friends and they said some pretty icky things to me, including saying how fat i was and how i am rlly ugly.Β 

i've struggled with acne since 3rd grade and it's always been an insecurity of mine. i wash my face and it helps but...

i also have gained maybe 5-6 pounds over the past 6 months and i feel super insecure about that. i'm feeling super grossed out by what i see in the mirror and i only like how i look when i wear makeup. i'm a cisgender girl but i feel rly masculine smtimes and it makes me sick, sometimes i feel great abt looking gender neutral and sometimes i feel like i wanna be super fem.Β 

Hi @swiftie_am_i?, I'm so sorry to hear that your friends were so rude to you! That's really not OK. In my experience, people only say hurtful things like that when they feel insecure themselves. I am guessing that your friends probably don't feel great about themselves and they only said it to make themselves feel better. I know that doesn't make it any better but it might be helpful for you to know, that what they said had nothing to do with you - it was their own insecurities talking.Β 

As @June_BugΒ and @DuckieΒ have both said already, you are beautiful inside and out and you're showing us this by how kind and supportive you are on the forum. Please don't let your friends tell you any different! We wont have it! What do you think about the advice that @June_BugΒ has given you. Do you think you'll give thatΒ  a try?Β 

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @swiftie_am_i?, I'm so sorry to hear that your friends were so rude to you! That's really not OK. In my experience, people only say hurtful things like that when they feel insecure themselves. I am guessing that your friends probably don't feel great about themselves and they only said it to make themselves feel better. I know that doesn't make it any better but it might be helpful for you to know, that what they said had nothing to do with you - it was their own insecurities talking.Β 

As @June_BugΒ and @DuckieΒ have both said already, you are beautiful inside and out and you're showing us this by how kind and supportive you are on the forum. Please don't let your friends tell you any different! We wont have it! What do you think about the advice that @June_BugΒ has given you. Do you think you'll give thatΒ  a try?Β 

yes, i think i will :)

• Like 1