What Do I Do

AshtonBeach Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Luie,

Hi im sparky And Im new o the DCL community but had a question my partner wants us to make our relationship public but im not out to my parents, they say they dont want to be a secret and I completely understand that and I want people to know but not the whole school what do I do?

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
  • Solution
On 2/10/2024 at 7:58 PM, Sparkybeach said:

Hi im sparky And Im new o the DCL community but had a question my partner wants us to make our relationship public but im not out to my parents, they say they dont want to be a secret and I completely understand that and I want people to know but not the whole school what do I do?

Β 

Heyy @Sparkybeach, I hear you. Navigating your relationship's visibility can feel really overwhelming, especially when you're not out to your parents. It's completely understandable that you want to respect your partner's feelings about being open while also considering your own comfort level and boundaries. It's okay to feel torn between wanting to share your relationship and maintaining your privacy, I know I'd be too if I was in your position.Β 

I am wondering have you had a chance to talk openly with your partner about your concerns regarding not being out to your parents?Β Perhaps, understanding each other's perspectives and finding a middle ground can be helpful. How do you feel about this suggestion? Also, how do you envision gradually opening up about your relationship to others, including friends and possibly your parents, in a way that feels comfortable for you?

Β 

Staff-Account.png

16 hours ago, Luie said:

Heyy @Sparkybeach, I hear you. Navigating your relationship's visibility can feel really overwhelming, especially when you're not out to your parents. It's completely understandable that you want to respect your partner's feelings about being open while also considering your own comfort level and boundaries. It's okay to feel torn between wanting to share your relationship and maintaining your privacy, I know I'd be too if I was in your position.Β 

I am wondering have you had a chance to talk openly with your partner about your concerns regarding not being out to your parents?Β Perhaps, understanding each other's perspectives and finding a middle ground can be helpful. How do you feel about this suggestion? Also, how do you envision gradually opening up about your relationship to others, including friends and possibly your parents, in a way that feels comfortable for you?

Omg this was so helpful thank you so much!

• Digital Mentor
On 2/13/2024 at 11:43 AM, Sparkybeach said:

Omg this was so helpful thank you so much!

Aw, I am glad it was helpful to you! We can always revisit it if you want to speak about it more. Here for you, and do keep me posted how it goes for you if you'd like.Β 

I Love You Hug GIF by Chubbiverse

Staff-Account.png