Regular Guy

WaterlooSunrise    

Hi, I’m trans FTM, I’ve known for the past 6 years that I was definitely not comfortable in my female body. But after coming out to my parents around a month ago, they still wont call me by my pronouns. Its kind of annoying, what should I do?

Hey Waterloo Sunrise,

Welcome to Community, so happy you’ve shared this with us.

That’s so frustrating that your parents won’t call you by your correct pronouns, I can see why this has annoyed you. Have you told them how this makes you feel? I understand that it may feel very emotionally charged when discussing this with family. Do you have another family member or close family friend that could mediate between you? Sometimes it helps for parents to receive information from a third party and they are able to process the information more logically.

If you think they would read it, there is an article on our website about “How to be a Trans Ally� which may give them guidance on how to be more supportive of your identity.

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/how-to-be-a-trans-ally/

Let us know how it goes.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.