If you was a fictional character who would you be and what fandom are they from?

BubbleGumm1    

I am Moondrop from The Sun and Moon Show (on Youtube if you like Fnaf) fandom! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
On 2/6/2024 at 7:05 PM, BubbleGumm1 said:

Akio Ogino from Spirited Away

Wave GIF by Spirited Away

Staff-Account.png

On 2/17/2024 at 4:48 AM, Luie said:

Akio Ogino from Spirited Away

Wave GIF by Spirited Away

that's a great character 

1 hour ago, Luie said:

Thank you! Tell me more about why did you pick Moondrop?

a lot of things actually- the fact that he love and protects the people he cares about to the extreme! he has anger issues like me and is AroAce he kinda just a robot version of me just more calm than me because me ADHD is worse than his- what about your character? why did you choose Akio? 

• 5 months later...
On 2/6/2024 at 9:05 PM, BubbleGumm1 said:

Has to be superman, just imagine how much good you can do.

• Digital Mentor
On 2/19/2024 at 8:13 PM, BubbleGumm1 said:

a lot of things actually- the fact that he love and protects the people he cares about to the extreme! he has anger issues like me and is AroAce he kinda just a robot version of me just more calm than me because me ADHD is worse than his- what about your character? why did you choose Akio? 

It's cool that you share similar traits with them, like the anger issues and being AroAce. That must make it easier to connect with them. A calmer robot version of you? That's a unique spin! So, what kind of robot is he? Is he more like a helper bot, or does he have a more human-like appearance? And how does he express his protective side? Does he get into fights, or is he more strategic about it?

I like Akio because of how determined she is. There is something quite relatable for me there. 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 8/13/2024 at 7:02 PM, ribbon said:

Has to be superman, just imagine how much good you can do.

I love this idea! What are the good things you want to do as superman?

Staff-Account.png

On 8/15/2024 at 11:41 AM, Luie said:

I love this idea! What are the good things you want to do as superman?

I haven't actually sat down to really think about it, since it won't happen. But you could stop natural disasters, prevent wars, clean up pollution or plant trees, protect endangered species, apprehend all criminals, detect threats and way more.

But the most important you can do as superman, is inspire people, give hope. Because if everyone would act selflessly, these problems would never exist.

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, ribbon said:

I haven't actually sat down to really think about it, since it won't happen. But you could stop natural disasters, prevent wars, clean up pollution or plant trees, protect endangered species, apprehend all criminals, detect threats and way more.

But the most important you can do as superman, is inspire people, give hope. Because if everyone would act selflessly, these problems would never exist.

That's a really noble thing to say and want to have. Thanks for sharing this! Are you a DC fan?

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Luie said:

That's a really noble thing to say and want to have. Thanks for sharing this! Are you a DC fan?

Yes I am, I grew up watching spider man because he was fun and relatable, in my teens I was a batman fan because he's cool and smart, but the more I mature, the more I see that superman is who we should look up to. He is all about being the best man you can be, protecting the innocent, standing for justice, sacrificing yourself for the greater good, giving second chances to criminals. This selflessness, this humility and this just personality. This is what I strive to be.

Marvel is cool and usually has better movies, but their heroes are just too human, they have many flaws, they revolve around greed, anger and comedy, all just weak and humanly tendencies. And as Ultron said, they are all killers, which reinforces my statement. there is nothing to idolise and strive to be like them. Heroes are a tool to find ideals that aspire you, copy their morals and grow to a better person. One could argue that heroes could replace what religion provides to a society, but I think that's not that simple, because heroe's effects peak at young ages, while religion's effects peak at older ages, so the best choice for a thriving society would be a combination of both.

Also, what Zack Snyder is doing is criminal, he doesn't understand the briliance of super heroes and instead does what Marvel is doing, makes them fight with cool effects and cinematics, especially with superman, he actively tries to make him evil and out of character. If you want to learn more about the real superman, you can watch these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kS1zZKxsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyGEe5ZGgks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL25a-yM6aM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIXxDxNjdeU

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, ribbon said:

Yes I am, I grew up watching spider man because he was fun and relatable, in my teens I was a batman fan because he's cool and smart, but the more I mature, the more I see that superman is who we should look up to. He is all about being the best man you can be, protecting the innocent, standing for justice, sacrificing yourself for the greater good, giving second chances to criminals. This selflessness, this humility and this just personality. This is what I strive to be.

Marvel is cool and usually has better movies, but their heroes are just too human, they have many flaws, they revolve around greed, anger and comedy, all just weak and humanly tendencies. And as Ultron said, they are all killers, which reinforces my statement. there is nothing to idolise and strive to be like them. Heroes are a tool to find ideals that aspire you, copy their morals and grow to a better person. One could argue that heroes could replace what religion provides to a society, but I think that's not that simple, because heroe's effects peak at young ages, while religion's effects peak at older ages, so the best choice for a thriving society would be a combination of both.

Also, what Zack Snyder is doing is criminal, he doesn't understand the briliance of super heroes and instead does what Marvel is doing, makes them fight with cool effects and cinematics, especially with superman, he actively tries to make him evil and out of character. If you want to learn more about the real superman, you can watch these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kS1zZKxsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyGEe5ZGgks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL25a-yM6aM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIXxDxNjdeU

It's really interesting how your perspective on superheroes has evolved over time @ribbon. I can see that Superman has become a significant role model for you as you've matured. The qualities you admire in him like selflessness, humility, and a strong sense of justice, are indeed powerful ideals to strive for. What do you think it is about Superman that resonates with you now more than the other heroes you used to look up to, like Spider-Man or Batman?

You mentioned that Marvel heroes, while cool, are too flawed and human, which makes them less ideal as role models. I was wondering do you think there's value in those human flaws, or do you see them as distractions from the qualities a hero should represent?

I also noticed your strong feelings about Zack Snyder's interpretation of Superman. It sounds like you believe his portrayal strays too far from what makes Superman inspiring. Do you think there's a way to modernize Superman's character without losing those core attributes you admire?

I'm curious, too, about your thoughts on how superheroes and religion can both play roles in shaping society's values. How do you think they can complement each other in helping people, especially the young and the old, find guidance in life?

P.s. Thanks for sharing those video links! 

Staff-Account.png