This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Miscarriage/Abortion

I hate politics

Emberfrost12 Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So..........Canada's supposed to be like, awesome for human rights, yeah? Well. We're not.Β  And a new law just passed in my province, that is following Saskatchewan's lead.

To summarise

Lgbtq2s youth can't recieve gender affirming care unless they're over fifteen and have parental consent. They (we) can't change name/gender/pronouns without parental permission if 15 and under, and parents need to be notified if they are 16-17. Which is bullshit. It directly goes against our constitution rights, but they're doing their best to find workarounds.

That's a really brief explanation, because it's also doing things like limiting trans athletes from playing on the right team, and other stuff like that.Β  But that's what's going on where I live right now. It hurts that we're going so backwards and undoing years of progress, especially since we're supposedly a leader in human rights.Β 

Sorry you have that going on over there.  Same I'm not a fan of politics in the UK 😞 im angry that they had parties in lockdown, while people couldn't see their loved ones.

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Miscarriage/Abortion

On 2/2/2024 at 10:12 AM, Emberfrost12 said:

So..........Canada's supposed to be like, awesome for human rights, yeah? Well. We're not.Β  And a new law just passed in my province, that is following Saskatchewan's lead.

To summarise

Lgbtq2s youth can't recieve gender affirming care unless they're over fifteen and have parental consent. They (we) can't change name/gender/pronouns without parental permission if 15 and under, and parents need to be notified if they are 16-17. Which is bullshit. It directly goes against our constitution rights, but they're doing their best to find workarounds.

That's a really brief explanation, because it's also doing things like limiting trans athletes from playing on the right team, and other stuff like that.Β  But that's what's going on where I live right now. It hurts that we're going so backwards and undoing years of progress, especially since we're supposedly a leader in human rights.Β 

that is bullsh**. i feel similar about abortion rights getting practically erased in the usa. it's so terrifying that women have rights that could be taken away any moment by white, old, creepy men. i hate the feeling of being powerless. its just really scary to me.Β 

• Like 2

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Miscarriage/Abortion

2 hours ago, swiftie_am_i? said:

that is bullsh**. i feel similar about abortion rights getting practically erased in the usa. it's so terrifying that women have rights that could be taken away any moment by white, old, creepy men. i hate the feeling of being powerless. its just really scary to me.Β 

People are protesting left and right here. I live fairly close to an abortion clinic, and it's just....people are awful. Most of the protesters are creepy men, too.

It really hurts that your rights can be taken away like that, doesn't it. It's awful

47 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

People are protesting left and right here. I live fairly close to an abortion clinic, and it's just....people are awful. Most of the protesters are creepy men, too.

It really hurts that your rights can be taken away like that, doesn't it. It's awful

its just so scary. once i went to a drag festival and proud boys, LITERAL PROUD BOYS, were protesting outside, i think they mightve even had guns. i feel as if the world is moving backward, yk?Β 

On 2/2/2024 at 11:12 AM, Emberfrost12 said:

To summarise

WAIT WHAAAAAAT. I did not know about this!!!! In Saskatchewan???? (ok can I say I'm not surprised or will that be a bit mean/stereotypical lol??) When did they pass it?!?!

5 hours ago, swiftie_am_i? said:

its just so scary. once i went to a drag festival and proud boys, LITERAL PROUD BOYS, were protesting outside, i think they mightve even had guns. i feel as if the world is moving backward, yk?Β 

I totally get that sentiment....it feels like we've come so far sometimes but other times it just feels like the world is getting more extreme and just falling apart...

14 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

WAIT WHAAAAAAT. I did not know about this!!!! In Saskatchewan???? (ok can I say I'm not surprised or will that be a bit mean/stereotypical lol??) When did they pass it?!?!

(C'mon, us canadians love stereotyping other provinces. It's fiiiine)

Like a few months ago? It was really big and there were a lot of protests. It was really big on the news for a while. New brunswick and the other maritimes also have been doing similar things but no one pays attention to them

Soooo.....yeah.Β 

7 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

(C'mon, us canadians love stereotyping other provinces. It's fiiiine)

Like a few months ago? It was really big and there were a lot of protests. It was really big on the news for a while. New brunswick and the other maritimes also have been doing similar things but no one pays attention to them

Soooo.....yeah.Β 

Wow. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to the news?!?!? I know I heard something about something similar happening in the Maritimes and that was not great to hear...is that affecting you at all/how are you doing with that?

Holy cow. I just read those articles.Β Β I don't know what to say. That's...that's just awful.

16 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Wow. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to the news?!?!? I know I heard something about something similar happening in the Maritimes and that was not great to hear...is that affecting you at all/how are you doing with that?

Well, I live in alberta. There's a student protest today which is good. I don't give as much of a fck about the name/pronoun thing but more so the no hormones/surgery and all the other stuff. Hormones don't really work awesome once you're old enough to take them now. It's just stupid. It doesn't directly impact me, but it does impact my friends.

7 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Well, I live in alberta. There's a student protest today which is good. I don't give as much of a fck about the name/pronoun thing but more so the no hormones/surgery and all the other stuff. Hormones don't really work awesome once you're old enough to take them now. It's just stupid. It doesn't directly impact me, but it does impact my friends.

Yeah I bet... Sorry to hear about that 😒.  It's crazy that these issues are still so prominent.  People just want to live in an equal, inclusive world where they don't have to worry about their rights being taken away.😭

Edited by Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once