I want to be home schooled

Animallover299    

Hi first of all thank you for taking time to read my post. I am almost 14 and I got to a really bad high school. I have /am being bullied everyday since year 7 all the teachers are horrible or don't know how to teach and the pupils are just horid I come back home everyday feeling horrible and when I am at school I can't wait to get home. I also volunteer at an animal rescue and they are like family to me which makes school even worse as I can't go. I have tried asking and begging my parents to let me be homeschooled but it's not working they said it's to expensive and they will have to leave there jobs to do it and my mum works at the wildlife centre so it would break my heart if she left but school is really getting me down. What should I do? How can I peusade them? Thank you 

• Digital Mentor
On 1/8/2024 at 6:37 PM, Animallover299 said:

Hi first of all thank you for taking time to read my post. I am almost 14 and I got to a really bad high school. I have /am being bullied everyday since year 7 all the teachers are horrible or don't know how to teach and the pupils are just horid I come back home everyday feeling horrible and when I am at school I can't wait to get home. I also volunteer at an animal rescue and they are like family to me which makes school even worse as I can't go. I have tried asking and begging my parents to let me be homeschooled but it's not working they said it's to expensive and they will have to leave there jobs to do it and my mum works at the wildlife centre so it would break my heart if she left but school is really getting me down. What should I do? How can I peusade them? Thank you 

Hi @Animallover299

Thanks so much for getting in touch and apologies that it's taken a while to get back to you. 

I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now and that you are being bullied at school. Please know that it's not OK for you to be treated like this and you don't deserve any of this! It sounds to me like you don't trust the teachers at your school either. I would imagine that this has made it difficult for you to talk to someone (like a teacher) about what has been going on. Is that right? 

I can totally understand why you want to be home schooled but it sounds like this isn't an option right now. Can I ask, when you spoke to your parents about being home schooled. did you tell them about what has been going on at school? I'm wondering whether they might be able to help you make sure that you no longer get bullied at school. What do you think?

I can from your profile that you live in the UK. Is that right? In the UK, by law, all state schools must have a behaviour policy that has strategies in place to prevent all forms of bullying.  This means that by law your school has a duty to make sure that you are not being treated like this. Can I ask, has anything been done at your school to address the bullying? If not, how do you feel about reaching out to someone (maybe your head of year) and telling them what has been going on?  If you don't feel comfortable talking to anyone at your school yourself, do you think your parents might be able to contact the school on your behalf? How does that sound? 

Please know that we are here for you and we can support you through this 🫂

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png