This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Disordered Eating, Self-Harm

What should I do now...

Sam. ย  ย 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Disordered Eating, Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

He's it's been a while since I've been on here my life hasn't been the best for a few years now my parents have been extremely mean to me since I told them I thought I was gay and they didn't believe be and said that it was against God and a bunch of stuff like that my parents kicked me out of the house for a while at one point and let me back in I've been struggling with my mental health and they won't let me go to therapy I've had time were I'm questioning wether I should be alive or not and hit myself... I'm not proud of it but I need to get this off of my chest I am transive told a few of my close friends and they have expected me but I'm scared my parents are going to find out I have an amazing gf but if my parents find out anything un or ke being trans its all over.... I don't know should I tell them or try to keep it a secret? And my parents keep making me self-conscious about my body saying I'm fat and stuff like that... I think I might have some eating problems because of them... but I don't know I could just be a little over dramatic.. I just need advice pleaseย 

As much as I wish you could tell your parents, I think it's probably best you don't tell them for your own safety. Considering they kicked you out of the house just for being gay, I don't know what would happen if you told them you were trans. I would just try and distance myself from them. And you have friends and a girlfriend that I would assume support you, and that's all that matters at this point. I think eventually they'll come around because they can't hate their own child forever. Just keep that in mind. And as far as your mental health, it's not a bad thing to talk about it with your friends or people that support you. Reach out to them. Even just venting about it or rambling can be very helpful. It let's out your emotions, rather than suppressing them. It just feels good to let your brain speak. It's not a fix all obviously, but progress is progress.

Just remember that people here support you and your journey.

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Disordered Eating, Self-Harm

On 12/16/2023 at 7:02 AM, Max. said:

He's it's been a while since I've been on here my life hasn't been the best for a few years now my parents have been extremely mean to me since I told them I thought I was gay and they didn't believe be and said that it was against God and a bunch of stuff like that my parents kicked me out of the house for a while at one point and let me back in I've been struggling with my mental health and they won't let me go to therapy I've had time were I'm questioning wether I should be alive or not and hit myself... I'm not proud of it but I need to get this off of my chest I am transive told a few of my close friends and they have expected me but I'm scared my parents are going to find out I have an amazing gf but if my parents find out anything un or ke being trans its all over.... I don't know should I tell them or try to keep it a secret? And my parents keep making me self-conscious about my body saying I'm fat and stuff like that... I think I might have some eating problems because of them... but I don't know I could just be a little over dramatic.. I just need advice pleaseย 

Hey, I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds really difficult and I know how hard things like this are. First off, do not come out to your parents. It really doesn't sound safe and I don't think it's going to make anything better. While they won't let you go to therapy, keep in mind that there are other resources available, dtl included. If there are resources around where you live make use of them. If your school is openminded, find an adult to support you (You do not have to tell them everything). If you're struggling with suicidal thoughts, definitely reach out, and please also do your best toย  avoid hitting yourself. Can you see if you can find something else to achieve the same goal? If you can't, I get it; it can be hard to stop doing things like that.ย  If your parents are saying stuff that makes you feel self-conscious about your body, just keep in mind that none of it is true.

Does this help even a little bit?

40 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:
On 12/16/2023 at 8:02 AM, Max. said:

ย 

Hey, I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds really difficult and I know how hard things like this are. First off, do not come out to your parents. It really doesn't sound safe and I don't think it's going to make anything better. While they won't let you go to therapy, keep in mind that there are other resources available, dtl included. If there are resources around where you live make use of them. If your school is openminded, find an adult to support you (You do not have to tell them everything). If you're struggling with suicidal thoughts, definitely reach out, and please also do your best toย  avoid hitting yourself. Can you see if you can find something else to achieve the same goal? If you can't, I get it; it can be hard to stop doing things like that.ย  If your parents are saying stuff that makes you feel self-conscious about your body, just keep in mind that none of it is true.

Does this help even a little bit?

This does help my school isn't very open so that's not really an option so I'll try some of this thanksย