Weird interaction? WWYD?

Emberfrost12 Β  Β 

Β I just had a really weird interaction. Two of the 'popular girls' who are homophobic assholes are in my class, and one of them just came up to me and told me happy birthday, (which it isΒ my birthday), and the other filmed. I think they were hoping for a reaction but I just gave them a confused look, said thanks, glanced at the camera, and then went back to what I was doing. I have a few questions. Like, for starters, WHY? and secondly, what are they gonna do with that video? Like, I don't think I gave them the reaction they were looking for, but who knows. What should I do? I think I waited to long and the window to ask them to delete it closed, so idk

Edited by Emberfrost12
  • Like 1

• Emberfrost12 changed the title to Weird interaction? WWYD?

Ok that's weird I don't know why they would do that and I don't think you gave them a reaction that they wanted they can go mess with someone else but you can still ask they your in the video so technically if you didn't tell them they don't have a right to have that video of you on the phone or whatever they have it on also happy late birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆ

• 5 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
On 12/15/2023 at 4:21 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Β I just had a really weird interaction. Two of the 'popular girls' who are homophobic assholes are in my class, and one of them just came up to me and told me happy birthday, (which it isΒ my birthday), and the other filmed. I think they were hoping for a reaction but I just gave them a confused look, said thanks, glanced at the camera, and then went back to what I was doing. I have a few questions. Like, for starters, WHY? and secondly, what are they gonna do with that video? Like, I don't think I gave them the reaction they were looking for, but who knows. What should I do? I think I waited to long and the window to ask them to delete it closed, so idk

Hi Emberfrost,

Have you heard anything from these girls since the video event? Do you know if they have done this to others too?Β 

It sounded like you handled it well though. I think I would have also been like "eh... thanks?". Maybe it's well-intended, but ill-placed. Like if they are doing a graduation video or something. But then it really would be nicer to give people a heads up first.

Staff-Account.png

On 1/14/2024 at 12:28 PM, Duckie said:

Hi Emberfrost,

Have you heard anything from these girls since the video event? Do you know if they have done this to others too?Β 

It sounded like you handled it well though. I think I would have also been like "eh... thanks?". Maybe it's well-intended, but ill-placed. Like if they are doing a graduation video or something. But then it really would be nicer to give people a heads up first.

Nope.

Oh, I doubt it. You never know, though